schizophrenia .......sound like anybody you know?

by gumby 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wednesday
    wednesday

some people have it and never become floridly psychotic. A lot of times stress triggers it. Schiz/s have very low thresholds for stress. It used to be noticed earlier in men b/c they were the ones to go to college and go to work , where women often became housewives and stayed at home. given a relatively calm life, a lot of sciz do not end up walking the streets naked. But now, women go to work as often as men, and its about equal.College is prime time for it to show up.. Away from home and on their on, stresses increase , along with increased social interaction. That is often when it is first noticed , at college age. There is certainly a heridity factor. There is not enough research into this and other mental illnesses. So many people are afflicted, it is hard to understand why they do not research it more. It is a difficult to treat illness, and at the best, the person usually ends up very low functioning, perhaps in a cleaning job, or on disability, or working nights.There are always exceptions, ie the movie the beautiful mind.

Some people get to the point they know they are hearing voices, but find comfort in them, so are reluctant to give them up .Drugs and alcohol certainly do increase the voices. In some people they may trigger their first eposide.

Contray to the movies, these people are usually not dangerous to others, but more inclined to hurt themselves

It is a terribly sad illnesss that takes away a life.. I'm glad i no longer work in this area, as it is hard to see the hopelessness of those afflicted.

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

One question ... If a schitzophrenic threatens to kill himself.... Is this considered a Hostage Situation?

But I definitely agree with the reason for this thread Serious Mental illness is such a sad thing... but sometimes a nut is just a nut. If you think you are Jesus re-incarnate.... then there are serious issues involved. The "god complex" gone terribly wrong or something.

ok.. enough... I won't torment the poor guy any longer. I am sorryIt apparently doesn't bother him though. . . he just keeps right on going. I think it encourages him or something. PUT THE KEYBOARD DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE BIBLE.... WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED! Don't worry Mr. Canon... let's just take a nice little walk, and it will all be better in a few minutes.

I still say it is the spookiest thing I ever heard of.

• wednesday
    wednesday

ok i have obiviously missed the thread that lead to this thread.. Can someone direct me? is this abut JC?

I too have been guilty of saying someone was "nuts" , but i worked in that area for so long and well, u have to lighten up sometime.

I have the greatest respect for someone battling mental illness. And it is very rewarding to be of some help to them.

• gumby
    gumby
    Imagine the possibility that a third of the worlds population is following the lead of a total nut ball who would have been institutionalized if he walked the streets of a modern city today

No need to imagine dave......we have christianity.

You made some good points.

People in the past were much more gullible, because of lack of knowledge of what a "fruitcake" is and isn't. Exposer via the media along with modern knowledge, experience, brave people who have stepped forth, and a host of other things, has made it difficult for "fruitcakes" of many types .....to decieve the unwary. Some still succumb to them but they are sick or borderline sick anyway.

I think what gets some of us so riled when these types post, is because we were lied to and hurt so bad by the Organisation.........that when someone comes along and starts the shit all over again by saying "Hey! I know the way. I have found truth and was told so by the man himself. Listen to me and believe what I say......or else"

When I hear that crap my blood boils.

It wasn't untill this morning I was thinking about all that when I wondered what the hell causes this crap in people. I know some like to play but not the ones I'm thinking of.They are for real. Anyways I wondered if possibly these ones are truely schizo's, and so I looked it up. Sure enough! The description fit pretty damn close and I can see that being a true .....a most likely possibility.

Some of the characteristics do not fit in SOME cases here. Those with the sickness isolate themselves and withdraw. They usually cannot hold jobs to long or funtion with family in a normal manner. That part doesn't fit the case(s) here .

Wenesday,

I understand your comment a bit more now . The problem is not knowing if someone is sick.....really sick, or just being a immature, selfish, dreaming asshole. Thanks for your understanding the situation.

Gumby

Edited for correction.

I just called my partner in buisness wife who works in social services and studied mental health. She said that schizophrenia people CAN funtion and do funtion in society. The article I quoted was a short summary of the disease and there is much more to be said. She also said MOST cases in which voices are heard, they are GODS voice. There are OTHER TYPES of disorders in which voices are heard too.

One has to wonder if a person had never heard of god...........would they hear his voice with this disease?

• anglise
    anglise

Talk to god and its called prayer

God talk to you and its called schizophrenia

Anglise

• wednesday
    wednesday
    She also said MOST cases in which voices are heard, they are GODS voice. There are OTHER TYPES of disorders in which voices are heard too

yes multiple personality hear voices but the theory is it is other personalities .

bipolar can hear voices in a psychotic state.

Schiz is just he most common type to hear vioces, and a lot of voices are of a religious nature.

they can function if it is not too severe, but most never attain degrees and professional jobs b/c a lot ofthe time schiz starts at the time when young people are going to college to get an education. Most commonly they are in mineal jobs.ther are slways exceptions to everything. The human spirit being what it is can ovecome much.

people with drug overdoses over halluncate and all.

• gumby
    gumby

bttt

• AGuest
    AGuest

And just where IS the Holy Mother Church when you need her... I mean, besides out supporting Holocausts, fleecing and misleading sheep and molesting little boys? Inquisition, anyone?

No, wait... might be ya'll should just take 'dem demon-hearin' heretics out t'yonder and burn 'em. Whad'ya say? Good Missus Ex-Jw, you bring the flint; Squire Formerly-Loyal-to-"The Society"-Now-Turned-Skeptic, you tote the kerosene can. Headmaster Hypocrite, get us some rope. And Constable I-Don't-Hear-No-Stinkin'-Voices-'Cept-When-I'm-So-Stinkin'-Drunk-I-Pee-My-Pants-But-I'm-Still-Better'n-Them... you and your boyz load up the faggots (Oh, puh-leeze. Look it up).

The rest 'o ya'll... gather 'round: gonna be a hot time in the old town square tonight, shure is.

And if'n dey don't burn, well, thet's the Devil himself keepin' 'em safe, protectin' his own. And if'n they DOES burn, well sir, it wuz Gawd's will all along, war'nt it?

Sheesh! Earthling man. So... "modern". So... "enlightened". So... troglodyte (yeah, you might want to look that one up, too).

Anyway...

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Jeeze I wouldnt want to be in the room with you while you typed that post AGuest. Wherez tha LUV ?

Yours Without Christian Love

Dirty Bird

• Satanus
    Satanus

They don't do fires anymore, aguest, now it's medication, for pete's sake. 'Course you say that medication won't work for you. Won't stop your voices because your voices really are jesus and the yahweh, and no drug could stop them. Well then, i guess you have nothing to be worried about, eh?

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit