For Christians: What do you think about an Armagedon and the Afterlife

by John Davis 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    I often wondered why the vast majority never considered his words at the sermon on the mount: Matthew 5:5 - "The meek will inherit the earth." - Fall Guy

In the beatitudes Jesus declares certain types of people to be happy or blessed, and in each case he makes a promise concerning their future. (Matt.5:3-12) Among the promises that Jesus makes are, “the kingdom of the heavens belong to them”, “they will inherit the earth”, “they will see God” and “they will be called sons of God.”

Inheriting the earth and being in heaven are not mutually exclusive destinies in christian theology.

• James Jack
    James Jack

This question is probably asked by everyone here. I'm so mixed up, I don't know what to believe! The Watchtowers' constant changes when their expected prophecies go unfulfilled, causes all of us to question, what the Hell is the real truth, has much of my zeal been wasted, where do I go from here?

• zeb
    zeb

Im with you Pheobes..

I believe as Jesus (Yeshuah) did in .."Our Father.." Im not a where he ever used the 'name' probably as was considered culturally inappropriate at the time and place he was in. Write me any time x pm and I may share some experience..

hugs.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

I believe in God, but I believe him to be a loving God, as described by Jesus in the gospels, where he affectionately called God Abba. The Watchtower makes Jehovah seem to be a very angry, mean spirited and narrow minded god. I want to look back and on my life as a life well lived and I choose to believe that God will bless me beyond anything I can imagine. I don't demand the things shown in Watchtower's fantastic paintings of Paradise and leave it in God's hands.

I like the words of 1 Corinthians 2:9 But just as it is written: “Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, nor have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him.”

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The Israelites god at least the one that they attribute to becoming the god of Abraham never once won a battle at Meggedo. In fact the Israelites also never won a battle at this place . The great Amen as Jesus is depicted as in Revelations did in fact win every time. Maybe it's time to rethink your views on and after life and maybe look into the Egyptian version of such a place.

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

Hi John, I wanted to thank you for posting the court cases on this sight. I am always curious what is going on. I can't say that I always understand them, but I appreciate your posts.

I believe in God. I cannot become an atheist. I work in my yard all the time and you cannot convince me a marvelous creator was not involved. It is amazing to watch bamboo grow, roses, hibiscus, etc. Is God's name Jehovah? I really don't know. I have to believe that there is more to life and there is something that we humans cannot understand if God tried to explain it to us.

I have been studying the trinity, immortality of the soul, hellfire, proof that Jesus was real.... I need to know. I am shocked to find out how inaccurate the New World translation is and that is a big part of the problem as scriptures we have burned in our brain are not correct. Anyway, I am searching, researching and must find an answer. At the same time, scared to death because I do not want to be fooled again.

I left 6 months ago. I told my husband just last week I feel lost like I have an empty hole to fill. Thanks for your question. It is good to know others feel the same way.

• unsure
    unsure

@James Jack

I'm with you!

• unsure
    unsure

Check my posting history and you'll see how confused I am.

I believe there has to be some sort of afterlife sometimes only because I'm afraid of there being nothing and other times because this universe is so complex I believe anything could be plausible.

• James Jack
    James Jack

@ unsure

Just checked out your History of postings, You're a deep thinker. I kinda don't go to your depths in seeking knowledge, my head can't handle all the theories out there.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

@James Jack

I'm with you, too! So confused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit