For Christians: What do you think about an Armagedon and the Afterlife

by John Davis 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi John. I'm with you as well.

Heaven is where Jesus is. We look for a heavenly city as did Abraham and as was promised by our Lord.

Heavenly Jerusalem will descend to the new earth and the nations will be healed as a result.

I believe Armageddon is where the nation's assembled prior to destroying Jerusalem in 70 AD.

I believe in the mortality of the soul and the ultimate destruction of the wicked. My treatise "Eternal Torment: Image and Reality" is available on request.

In Him

Vander

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The starving children in Africa called. They said they can't wait for Armageddon too, because according to them cruel destruction from God is preferable this colossal degree of apathy.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

redvip2000 is it 25,000 people dying a day of starvation? of course a dick waving competition between the creator of the universe and the devil is far more important

• Half banana
    Half banana

James Jack said

what the Hell is the real truth,

It's the obvious question to ask but only if you are religious!

However for the rest of mankind, this question does not arise because the rest of mankind does not imagine there is one set of holy doctrines which place divine "Truth" on a lofty pedestal.

It is a matter of coming to terms that most of us have had the wrong ideas indelibly planted in our minds that "out there" something special exists for our benefit --there is no credible evidence for this.

Instead of reading more of the Bible and religious works, get to grips with understanding how life evolved, understand the geological epochs and the layers and fossils which determine the sequence of life forms and which enable us to give dates to them. Study human biology, the human brain, its psychology, and the literature and art which is the product of both the imagination and the human spirit. Learn history and how power and wealth which is held by the few, keeps the masses subdued, importantly learn how they do it.

These are truths from which knowledge of reality comes...... not the fanciful tales of demented zealots found in the magic myths of the BIble.

Sorry John Davis , you didn't want to hear from me.

• rubbeng
    rubbeng

I believe in resurrection imediatelly after death ... in heaven.

Armageddon in 70 AD.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Armageddon: An event, yet future, in which a despot from what is modern day Turkey attacks Israel -- specifically Jerusalem before being halted by the power of God residing in his two witnesses (prophets) (see Revelation 11). According to Ezekiel, the military forces would be ultimately destroyed by God, except a sixth part. The Jews are repeatedly described as being "gathered out of the nations." This prophecy, found in Ezekiel 37-38, could only be fulfilled in our day as the Jews were only scattered to the heathen nations once, and that was by the Romans. Ezekiel also repeatedly refers to the wickedness of the Jews as being the reason they were scattered. Zechariah 12-14 tells us the same story, emphasizing the Lord's power in delivering Israel (though many Jews will die in the conflict). Both prophesy that the conflict will be so spectacular that the Jews will never pollute God's name again. In hindsight we can see what today's Jews cannot -- that they were scattered because they crucified their Messiah. And they are gathered to reestablish their relationship and to see for themselves the iniquity of their fathers. In prophecy, Armageddon is the great battle in which the Jews (and Muslims) learn the identity of the Messiah and learn at long last to live in peace.

The above is how most Christians see things. Some believe the land of Gog and Magog to be in Russia, not Turkey, but I believe it will be Turkey. The JW version of Armageddon is self-centered and strained.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Beliefs are meaningless unless based on evidence

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

With all the interpretations of the bible by xtians, it seems pointless to believe in it all.

Some say X = Y but not after E. Some say X = E but only if the wind is blowing up your trousers on a wednesday. If there was a god, he wouldn't give a book to people where the contents of which, were not obvious. where all xtians agreed that X = the same thing.

that kind of explains why I can't make any constructive comments about afterlife and the big A.

Sorry.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Regardless of what each person believes only one thing can be true. Since no one can prove beyond a doubt that what they believe is true, I have decided to take a "what will be, will be" view. If God does exist and can in fact read hearts then let him read mine and "what will be, will be". If he does not exist I will meet my end at some point and "what will be, will be".

Either way losing sleep over it and getting anxious over what the answer might be seems to be a waste of energy and time.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Moreconfused - That's a good way of looking at it. I have a friend who describes himself as agnostic. His view is that if there's a god that wants him, god will know where to find him. If god exists or not, there's nothing we can do about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit