For Christians: What do you think about an Armagedon and the Afterlife

by John Davis 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Davis
    John Davis

I don't mean for anyone to get into argument over this, I just want to hear what people believe.I hope that no one will mock or argue with someone else about their beliefs, I know that I won't in this topic.

I still believe in a Christian God, not what JWs believe, but believe that there has to be something after this life. I am not sure about how Armageddon would go, would it be like how evangelicals believe with a rapture or timing or anything, though I still believe in a form of Armageddon. I do think that all good people will go to heaven but I don't believe in a hell. I don't think that God won't intervene in some way in human's problems, or at least I hope not. I think that at least in the places where Abrahamic faiths are the most common, people may not be religious, as in not going to church because they have problems with religion in general but they still believe in a God and an afterlife in some form.

I don't really want to hear from people who don't believe in any form of the afterlife just want to hear from people who believe in a form of the afterlife from an Abrahamic Faith's teachings.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I don't really want to hear from people who don't believe in any form of the afterlife just want to hear from people who believe in a form of the afterlife from an Abrahamic Faith's teachings.

Enjoy your echo chamber.

• John Davis
    John Davis
    I am sorry that is true. I meant that really only the Abrahamic faith's belief in an armageddon and an afterlife of like heaven for the most part. If you have a faith that is not one of the Abrahamic faith's but still believe in a type of Armageddon or heaven please share.
  • deegee
    deegee

If Paradise is in heaven why does Jesus need to come again?

If people go to heaven when they die does the world still need to end, does there still need to be a resurrection?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Since Christians are by definition followers of Jesus Christ, I often wondered why the vast majority never considered his words at the sermon on the mount: Matthew 5:5 - "The meek will inherit the earth."

Or Psalm 37:9,11, & 29 which Jesus was clearly alluding to.

Revelation 21:3,4 relates what the conditions on earth will be for humans.

People being taught that they immediately "go to heaven when they die" also confounds what Jesus said about his resurrecting people "on the last day."

If deceased people are in heaven watching their loved ones on earth suffering all sorts of terrible trials and tribulations for years, would you call that "heaven?" Just my thoughts.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Sorry to see that you are still not open minded and are deceiving yourself.

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

Some very good points above.

I think Armageddon will take place in the vale of Megiddo in Israel.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

If you were god - why would you make the earth be some kind of testing ground - to what amounts a blink of an eye compared to everlasting life in heaven? What purpose would that server?

And if you were god, why could you not be articulate enough to let all your little peeps know exactly without confusing what the deal is?

And is letting billions of people grow old suffer and die, many before they reach 1 year of age, the best you could come up with?

And really is at some arbitrary point - just killing everyone who doesn't understand the Rules you NEVER explained - the best the all mighty one can do?

• deegee
    deegee

The deadline for Armageddon has long passed.

Also, Armageddon could have been avoided:

Since it's all about killing humans, if God could almost wipe out everyone human being during the Flood & plans on destroying humans again at Armageddon then why not just destroy Adam & Eve before they had any children and start over again, and keep starting over if necessary, until he got the perfect couple, since it's all about killing humans?

There would be less collateral damage. All of the human suffering, all of the wars and diseases could have been avoided etc etc

But I guess God can only be satisfied if there's some drama.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

John Davis

I may be in the minority but I do still believe in God. I still believe there is something else other than this life. I hope there is, I really do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit