Has Justin Trudeau Finally Eaten Too Many Tide Pods?

by freemindfade 151 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    Here is something to ponder: Why is terrorism perpetrated by Muslims (or potentially perpetraded by Muslims) in Canada recieving so much more attention and concern on this thread than terrorism perpetrated by right-wing terrorists?

The number of people and frequency of attacks by Muslims is simply overwhelmingly higher and most significantly, the government is actively protecting the terrorists interests. That means they want to make it a crime to criticize the hateful teachings of Islam and make is a special protected class.

The lazy, loony left does this because they cannot convince people to vote for them, they have to pay them. Payment is made in the form of money to some and influence with others. The liberals want the muslim block vote so they pander to them. Trudeau visits mosques that preach hate and death and a diatribe of anti-semitism. Imagine if any conservative visited a church that preached KKK values?

Why no outcry? Because the main-stream media are also complicit in the crime and fail in their responsibility (but then in Canada they are government run and funded ... so what do people expect?)

The number of attacks on Muslims has been much smaller than vice-versa and yet to watch the media here, you'd think the attack on the Mosque was the only thing that has ever happened.

Also, after every hoax attack claim by Muslims, they then claim Islamophobia because of it. Anything that happens and they claim victimhood and use it as an excuse to push for laws that favour their religion only.

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

Cofty, I don't want this discussion to touch on too many things but this quote stood out to me:

I can't answer for Canadians but from my perspective in the UK you are attempting to create a false equivalence.
  • Jacobi
    Jacobi

Hm. My post got truncated and the editing is messed up. I meant to add: I agree the situation is different in other countries, but I specifically asked in the context of Canada.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    About "right wing" and "Islamic": I agree, Islamic dictatorships are incredibly right-wing insofar they are political. What I meant by "right-wing" is how the term is traditionally understood in a western context, i.e. nationalistic movements with different elements of white supremacy/fascism.

Islamic dictatorships? I don't think you understand anything you are talking about. Islamism is not JUST a religious idea someone has. Its a system of belief, military, and theocracy. Islam is nationalistic by its very nature and its anti-democracy. You are trying to weave in some kind of separation like the Islam just got itself in trouble with a corrupt leader. That isn't the case, the ideology breeds the problem and creates the leadership.

As far as Canada and terrorism, sorry I took the global approach, so you are right, let's go back to Canada. Again you are putting your own interpretation on the man's question to Turd-deau. Was he talking about an act of terrorism falling on his children by the government inviting back ISIS fighters? Could it just be rape? Or any kind of mistreatment by a group of people who literally are pedophiles and have no regard for female or infidel life? It's not just TERRORISM as we try to define it. Its the hatred of the things that make Canada decent.

You claim it is absurd to compare right-wing terrorism with the "global cancer" of fundamental Islam, but I made no such comparison: I specifically focused on terrorism in Canada, not globally.

Again, as I said, the issue goes beyond a simple act of terrorism, that is what YOU are trying to make the discussion about, it was about jihadists being welcomed back, not any specific terrorist acts they may or may not commit.

"Are there large groups of "right-wing" countries currently perpetuating slavery, the murder of apostates, atheists, homosexuals etc?"
    My answer is no, but I cannot help but notice the word "currently" which is doing important work in that sentence.

Oh brother... smh

What bloody difference can that make? It's not happening and it's not heading there. The biggest thing in our day and age that is pouring gasoline on any kind of right-wing nationalism fire, is the further our institutions (politics, media, and universities) go off the far left wing rails. But I have faith in the center to never let that happen, unless the radical left keeps censoring intellectuals it will just come down to the two looney tune groups fighting it out.

• cofty
    cofty

Jacobi - What do you think the difference is between the situation in Europe and that in Canada?

Is it simply a matter that your proportion of immigrants from Muslim-majority countries is less than Sweden and Germany?

If so don't you think Canadians are wise to be concerned that their leaders are determined not to repeat the mistakes of other countries?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    If so don't you think Canadians are wise to be concerned that their leaders are determined not to repeat the mistakes of other countries?

This is the simple issue jacobi is trying to skirt around not addressing

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

Freemindfade, I don't know how to respond to that. Your answer revolve about Trudaus politics, left wing politics, etc. which was not really a part of my question. It is not that I don't want to respond, it is just pointing in so many different directions I don't know how to. The gist of what I am getting is the reason we should focus more on Islamic terrorism in Canada compared to right-wing terrorism is because of different issues relating to Trudaus politics and some general points about the media and universities. Sorry, I don't really understand when you are trying to address my question and when you are bringing up points you feel are important in the general conversation.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The gist of what I am getting is the reason we should focus more on Islamic terrorism in Canada...

and I keep telling you over and over it's not just Terrorism, and you keep saying like that is what I am talking about, stop with the red herring thing saying this is about just terrorism! It's about Canada's leadership inviting home criminals and jihadists because they feel they will magically rehabilitate through osmosis. Not terrorist act for the 100th time!

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

Cofty, I don't think you can compare "Europe" to "Canada" because Europe is a very big place and I would bring up very different issues when talking about the UK, Norway or Poland. If you are interested in the question, how do you suggest we try to answer it?

About your statement re. mistakes, I think leaders in general should avoid mistakes of other countries.

For instance, I think Canadians should avoid large, nazi-inspired marches and curtailing free speech such as have become fashion in Poland these days. I also think they should avoid the mistakes of immigrant ghettos, as seen in Belgium. Do you agree?

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

Freemindfade, my question was about attituded towards terroism in Canada. Nobody is preventing you from talking about something else if you wish!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit