Has Justin Trudeau Finally Eaten Too Many Tide Pods?

by freemindfade 151 Replies latest social current

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

LoveUniHateExams, well, we seem to have roughly the same standards for limits of free speech then, or perhaps you are a bit more restrictive than I am because I would stress a "clear and present danger" element.

Regarding your comment on page 9: I don't see your point. I hope Trudau is not in charge of the judicial branch in Canada, and if the law against FGM is to week I suppose you could blame any administration from 1997 onwards for that.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

if the law against FGM is to week I suppose you could blame any administration from 1997 onwards for that - yes I suppose I could.

But Saint Trudie is in charge now. Him and his ministers can make a difference, not previous administrations.

And is the above post all you have to say?

Little girls who hold Canadian passports are having their genitalia sliced and bits removed and so far nobody has been punished for it.

I'm not a Canadian citizen and I don't even have a daughter of my own but I'm as mad as hell about it.

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

But Saint Trudie is in charge now. Him and his ministers can make a difference, not previous administrations.

Yep, thats how parliment works!

I'm not a Canadian citizen and I don't even have a daughter of my own but I'm as mad as hell about it.

I take it you are from the UK, and you seem to also suffer under deficient laws. I would suggest you put your anger to good use and write Ms. May's government and demand they fix the laws!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yes I'm from the UK and we have the exact same problem.

I would suggest you put your anger to good use and write Ms. May's government and demand they fix the laws! - the laws are fine, the problem is they aren't being properly enforced.

I wrote to my local MP over a year ago about FGM and I got a nice reply - she said she would raise my issue of paucity of cases going to court and no convictions. Well, there still have been no convictions so something is wrong.

Both Canada and the UK can learn from France. If police suspect FGM has happened they can get a female doctor to examine the girl, with or without the parents' consent. They have prosecuted people.

BTW going from your last two posts, you don't seem particularly bothered about FGM ...

• barry
  • Jacobi
    Jacobi

the laws are fine, the problem is they aren't being properly enforced.

Do you think Canada could have the same problem?

BTW going from your last two posts, you don't seem particularly bothered about FGM ...

You could not be more wrong.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You could not be more wrong - judging by the way you've responded to my posts, you're reticent about discussing your feelings on FGM on an internet forum where you are an anonymous poster.

Do you think Canada could have the same problem? - yes I do, and is Saint Trudie highlighting this problem?

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

look, buddy, how about scaling back the mindreading a bit?

I got absolutely no problem sharing my views on FGM/MGM so ask away. but don't put views in my mouth and respond to your own false beliefs as if they are true.

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

yes I do, and is Saint Trudie highlighting this problem?

If (as you suggest) UKs problem is in the judicial and not legislative branch, and you think Canada has the same problem as the UK, then that implies canadas problem recide in the legislative branch which is not the one "Saint Trudie" is in charge off.

(to avoid any misunderstandings: I'd tend to blame the parliment rather than the courts. So I'd blame Trudou/May. But that's just me).

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

look, buddy, how about scaling back the mindreading a bit? - in my last post, I wasn't mind-reading. I merely noted your reticence in expressing your feelings on FGM. No need to have a hissy fit.

that implies canadas problem recide in the legislative branch which is not the one "Saint Trudie" is in charge off - should he sweep the FGM issue under the rug or highlight it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit