Has Justin Trudeau Finally Eaten Too Many Tide Pods?

by freemindfade 151 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

PC Culture has a down side. Its all great and warm and fuzzy to look out for peoples feelings, but unfortunately this idea can be used (intentionally or otherwise) to justify social intolerance of all kinds of disagreement and thus become a tool for dogmatic ideological control of society. I think this is what we are seeing happening in many places.

Liberalism and progressiveness should be about TOLERANCE. Tolerance means to be willing to endure the existence of, and exposure to, what you dislike.

I am not referring specifically to the changing of the words in the song, but just the slippery slope of oversensitive PC culture. Hell, hardly anything is funny anymore! Partly because the truth can be both offensive and funny.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It’s sad. That pathetic rambling response..

It’s sad because of the applause. What the actual fuck are those crazy leftists in the crowd clapping about?? I didn’t hear one thing that actually addresses the mans concerns.

“Whats that? You’re worried that perhaps some of the 40k muslims that immigrated may be potentially extremist?? Don’t worry young man, we had Italians migrate here before!”

So stupid, it shouldn’t need explaining.

With Islam also comes cancerous ideology. It’s why everywhere that Islam thrives is a shithole. Wake up.

The Italians don’t deserve this comparison.

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

Liberalism and progressiveness should be about TOLERANCE. Tolerance means to be willing to endure the existence of, and exposure to, what you dislike.

I agree wholeheartedly. I notice you posted a list of resources you followed earlier and I note many of them seem to have a distinct anti-liberal bend. Which distinctly liberal sources do you expose yourself to?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Jacobi FutureLearn will give you a mix of sources. If there is derision and if it is positioned as innocent neutral humour the rhetoric will be very obvious. But hey learning something of value will arm a person against being overcome by persuasion. Isn,t that what we want?

free course here. this isn't futurelearn but many students there are recommending it.

https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-the-quran-the-scripture-of-islam

courses like these can help us to put our own experiences into perspective as well as show us how the past affects the future. It isn't confessional or apologetics but takes a historical perspective I think.

You may feel a level of discomfort but hey as freemindfade said we all need to bear the responsibility of tolerance although he was hinting that the other side are perhaps not doing so- well that's my understanding anyway lest he accuse me of lack of intelligence

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Fmf - I can smile about our fear this morning but definitely not last night. At 3 am we were woken by a scuffle outside our open bedroom window. Two young men were scaling our fence shouting Al Haleem (Allah). By the time I got to window one of the young men was right up against it. I managed to shut it and by this time my husband joined me shouting wr're calling the police. They scarpered off towards the open spaces behind our back fence and jumped over.

The scary thing is that they were shouting one of Allah,s titles all the time. We heard some more scuffles and to cut a long story short it seems they were being chased by the police who were shouting that they are getting away. The lads seemed high on something and I'm keeping alert to any news of terror cell in our area.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

okay have found out from neighbourhood watch that two factions collided - pub crawlers against another group who seem to have been chanting al Haleem. the police were not chasing them!!! glad this is the case as there was lot of ffing and swearing !!!! and our police force would not swear like that.

• Outahere
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I notice you posted a list of resources you followed earlier and I note many of them seem to have a distinct anti-liberal bend. Which distinctly liberal sources do you expose yourself to?

Jacobi. Can you explain to me how Sam Harris, Bret Weinstein, Dave Rubin or Eric Weinstein are not liberals? I mean... Dave Rubin is a gay jewish man living in LA married to another man, and he smokes pot... Besides those, I also listen to Bill Maher (didn't mention him), and some others, I even tune into WaPo and CNN to hear really insane radical liberalism that defies intelligent thought completely.

So jacobi:

1. If you agree they (Sam, Bret, Eric, Dave) are Liberals, your question (as like much of what you post here) is pointless and transparent.
    2. If you think they are not liberal you need to explain to us all why?

I'm curious where you have devised this measuring mechanism of the One True liberal religion? Tell me more... I see being liberal (again) as tolerance and "progressive" ideas, not a cult-like leftist movement, that if you don't check every one of their approved ideological boxes you are disfellowshipped.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

FMF you are an intelligent guy and the issues you raise re tolerance are definitely worth exploring in detail. Liberalism does address such issues of rights and freedoms in the context of agency and tolerance from both sides (not just the developed world but also that the developing world practice tolerance) and basically this is what is at the heart of what Canada is seeking worldwide. It has a very respectable position alongside such countries as Norway and Denmark.

International studies on futureLearn addresses such issues and provides satisfying explanations. Explanations that won't make you feel that you need to give up protesting but that will encourage you to join the debates and give you strong arguments in favour of whichever side of you back.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Ruby - how have Canada, Norway & Denmark helped rights and freedoms in the developing world?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit