You Are Unsuitable!

by Divergent 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

This is the full text of the scripture:

47 “Again the Kingdom of the heavens is like a dragnet let down into the sea and gathering fish of every kind. 48 When it was full, they hauled it up onto the beach, and sitting down, they collected the fine ones into containers, but the unsuitable they threw away

Just wondering... has it ever crossed anyone's minds that the suitable are likened to dead fish??? Hey, I'll rather be an live unsuitable sea creature being thrown back into the sea rather than a dead fish that would be prepared for someone's meal!!!

• Divergent
    Divergent

There is also this admonition to "avoid being overly distraught or disappointed if a Bible student or one of our children does not make the truth his own." Yeah. Because they are God's children too, and if Jehovah (being a God of love & the epitome of love) does not feel sorry about destroying his own children (non-wicked people who are simply not convinced that JW's have "the truth") at Armageddon, JW's with non-believing children should likewise not be distraught over the so-called impending destruction of their children either!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    avoid being overly distraught or disappointed if a Bible student or one of our children does not make the truth his own."

Revolting mind control. If you don't hate your children who reject the cult you will be destroyed. Somebody please tell these inhuman monsters that normal people love their children more than any sodding beliefs.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    I've considered myself "unsuitable" ever since I tossed my meeting suit into the Goodwill bin.
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    So if your not consuming the kool aid your considered walking dead.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    We felt unsuitable when we were still attending. Why would we remain somewhere we are not wanted? Translation of unsuitable is unloved. Maybe this is the reason we are seeing so many new ones on here. They feel unsuitable or unloved. Hey WT, keep up the good work. Your verbal abuse is working great. Your donations are down and people are walking. Good job!
  • John Free
    John Free

The watchtower interpretation of the verse is not logical. The person that decides to leave or not join watchtower is 'unsuitable', but then if that same person decides to come back to watchtower he is then no longer 'unsuitable'- this means its the individual's choice whether to be unsuitable or not, but according to the text it was the fisherman's choice.

It's just another example of murdering a scripture to make it more 'suitable' for the cult.

• Divergent
    Divergent

ToesUp:

We felt unsuitable when we were still attending. Why would we remain somewhere we are not wanted?

Same here. I was actually popular once, but after I learned TTATT & took a step back, things started to change. I quit field service altogether & my meeting attendance became irregular. I stopped initating conversations & waited for people to come & talk to me. Many didn't & those few who did usually had nothing of substance to say! It was awkward to the highest degree! "The truth" was the only thing which I had in common with those people, and once I stopped believing "the truth", everything automatically fell apart & I became unsuitable!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Very manipulative and certainly evidence of High Control cult-like terminology.

Its is also a twisting of the actual scripture passage.

Comments like this should be sent to the ARC as evidence of the "captive organization" that is the society... In that hearing Jackson stated that witnesses did not think they alone were the ones to be saved, and that is was not for us to judge. Hmmm...this text sure counters that!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Not "suitable" = not suitable for WT mind control.

I am sooo no longer suitable - and loving it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit