Today's W.T on GB not being inspired is having ZERO impact on most J.W's

by Isambard Crater 51 Replies latest jw friends

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Today's Watchtower will wash over the heads of most J.W's like it never even happened, the all remaining as loyal as ever, and it makes me so, so sad.

They are brainwashed and conditioned to believe anything and everything that they are told. It's not possible to expect any other reaction (or lack thereof).

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

tor15

When I asked why are they building Warwick etc they said 'they are building it for after Armageddon'

• snowbird
    snowbird

For all their talk about the GT (including ArmaG), the JW's are terrified of the prospect.

I know my JW sister is - she doesn't even want to discuss it.

Come to think of it, she was always a 'fraidy cat.

Sylvia

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Actually, they see this as a positive. I remember I used to think: Wow, they are soo humble that they are willing to say that they are imperfect and uninspired!

What I missed though is that they are so arrogant that, despite being uninspired and imperfect, they demand the same authority as if they were.

• dbq407
    dbq407

Around here it all depends on how much the WT conductor wants to talk about it. Which they always glaze over or ignore the important parts like this and no one thinks twice about it.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

So Warwick will survive Amag/GT...and all 8 million can come there for the beginning of paradise.....That's the arrogance, but also, they believe and hope...and that's all they need....

Most think they will cross over...most people are afraid of death, because it's the unknown, but witnesses are more afraid of it because they feel they may never die and will survive....now that's faith...

It's ok to be confident in ones belief and hope but it's another to be arrogant and prideful, yet try to portray they are so humble and happy, it's all an act....most witnesses are mean spirited....who else could shun their own family just because they don't accept being a witness...how can you put your own flesh and blood out the for anything short of stealing or killing...Inspired and even infallible people would never do such a thing....so they are correct, they are not inspired nor are they infallible....nor anointed....those type of people would turn their back on their fellow man and use the bible to support it...

The WT will have a big impact or should I say implosion in the average head of the most devoted witness...the less they comment on this article the more you know it really rocked their world....the less they say the better....but wouldn't most of us like to be a fly on the inside of a witness brain when this is read...their real thoughts...

Little by Little the WT is shooting themselves in the foot, too much is out there on them to ignore....no matter how deep they bury their heads, their butts are still exposed...

Tor

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy - "The mind boggles how (the) brain can switch off..."

...he said, without a trace of irony...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

People just except it because it come from an authority figure in thier lives. Take the example of the overlapping generation teaching. I excepted it for years even talked about it and tried to make sense of it too. When it didn't seem to make sense oh well and just moved on. It was learning about the blood doctrine and the mediator teaching that finally woke me up. 607 and all the other false dates were added in and probably some other crap before I woke to how stupid the overlapping generation teaching was.

This will go over most people heads but as people wake up it will become just another nail in the coffin of thier belief in the cult.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ Tor.

Girl, you got that up in you again!

Sylvia

• Ding
    Ding

JWs' cognitive dissonance allows the GB to be whatever it wants to be at any given time.

Not claiming inspiration or infallibility allows them an out for their mistakes. That's the point this particular WT article was emphasizing.

At the same time, they're the faithful and discreet slave who is Jehovah's channel of communication and must be obeyed without question. How often that is emphasized in the literature and at the meetings!

Most JWs believe both things and genuinely see no contradiction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit