Today's W.T on GB not being inspired is having ZERO impact on most J.W's

by Isambard Crater 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

The Congregation I attend had it's Watchtower study on Thursday night because of L.D.C work this week-end, and another Congregation I have some not very spiritual friends in had their Watchtower study on Wednesday. From what I have delicately prised out of people, the Congregations loved the Watchtower study this week, saying it was so encouraging and all the usual stuff, with no-one seeming to realise the G.B. said they're not inspired, so the spirit int he past has moved them to teach wrong things, and all the other ideas excellently summed up on Reddit.

Today's Watchtower will wash over the heads of most J.W's like it never even happened, the all remaining as loyal as ever, and it makes me so, so sad.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Joy of joys. I can't wait to sit through another mind-numbing brain-wash session full of double meanings and CYA tactics from the self-righteous seven. At least stifling my gag reflexes will keep me somewhat busy. :-P

• smiddy
    smiddy

The mind boggles how they/our brain can switch off what we dont want to hear and keep deluding ourselves with what we want to hear.

Frightening really

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

its a social club to the vast majority of them isnt it? they pay so little attention to doctrine any changes/new light simply doesn't mean anything anymore, they seem to be getting worse in this area, the very last brief interaction I had with them at a cart recently was such a pointless waste of time due to their complete utter disinterest and disregard to anything of note I simply gave up and walked away.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Even if they thought the WT didn't pass the sniff test they would never admit it outloud. The only question ever asked after meetings that I went to were "how did you enjoy the meeting?" Or "wasn't it a great WT?"

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

When i think back to my JW days, it would've washed over my head too. I still would have following the governing body simply because of herd mentality. I used to use thought stopping phrases in my head like:

So and so is smarter than me and he's a JW

Other religions arnt humble enough to admit they're failings

Look at JW's around the world, we're united just like Jesus said, this HAS to be "the truth".

Sad. But that's what i was like and what those JW's in that KH are most likely like too.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

They can all see the king's new clothes.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Just visit this study wiith truths, half truths and lies.

Conclusion is that GB are the most humble men in the organization.

And the corporation is separated from the spiritual part.

How blessed we are bla bla.

G.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Of course it will have zero effect because most folks that go to worship sometimes that's the last thing they are there for....Religion give party people an excuse to party and say it's good clean fun... They could care less about the doctrine.... the org is a place for odd balls....those that don't fit it for various reasons...some think a lot of themselves some think nothing of themselves....The org. is a place to be accepted so even if it's not the truth it don't matter....

But don't think this WT will go unnoticed...no they won't talk about it...but in our little groups of the ones who don't drink the kool-aide, we will say, so if they are not inspired as they say they are inspired by the holy spirit, then how and who is feeding us....man's opinion ??? Bingo...there are a few sisters that I talk to and they don't believe this is God's org either but they love God...

Pale Emperor, what you describe is when people are really afraid so they say things that comfort them not you....

Again, it won't go over their heads, but if you are into body language, when this paragraph is being read, watch how the friends neck stiffen up....they are straight as a board, that's when they say in their heads what the F? Or, there won't be that many comments in the friends own words, they'll read it straight from the paragraph, because when they studied at home the comment they want to say, they can't, so they play it safe, and will say, how wonderful to belong to an org. that admits they lie...(that is my word)....and everyone will sigh and agree....but the average thinker, it won't go down to easy...and just say, Great WT, they say that when they really want to say something else....I'm in so I see the patterns...

Look JW's all around the world, we're united...&&&& so are the Girl Scouts...any people who share something in common most of the time are united...duh...

I always knew they were not inspired and were infallible, they are men...if they were truly inspired, then they wouldn't have to dig for that scripture, The Light gets brighter....

They refuse just to go door to door leave the prophesy's alone....Just help folks have hope and faith...stop with trying to run folks life...

Most of this stuff they are writing is for the Public, to show how transparent they are, just in case they hear about the ARC, or any thing else they swept under the rug... The org. is doing all this re-writing and confessing for the public, not for the friends...they know most are in hook line and sinker....

Just sit back and watch the changes....Jesus is going to be the new Jehovah, they may finally realize God don't need no org. to support his name....he wants us to go out there and spread the name of Jesus Christ and what he did for us....God said just praise my Son, I'll take care of me and my name...If this religion is to continue they are going to have to make changes, otherwise with all the money and the literature they will not survive the internet highway. People are smarter now....even misfits can get help, they got drugs for that...LOL...

Remember when children were seen and not heard, well it's not like that today, kids will step to you....you can't tell them to do something and you do it...so don't you think the young generation will wonder, why is the org. building a state of the art facility and then I can't have a new phone ? If we are in the last days like they say we are why are they spending money and telling me not to....hey, that ain't right....The younger generation is way different then we were, remember, they elected O'Bama, not their parents, but the young generation put him in...why because they wanted change....tired of the old regime...do as I say not as I do...Kids ain't buying it...

Tor

• Half banana
    Half banana

But as we know, what they say is not necessarily what they want the flock to believe.

What is it that the shepherd eats? Shepherd's pie and lamb stew...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit