Today's W.T on GB not being inspired is having ZERO impact on most J.W's

by Isambard Crater 51 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

makeanewplanstan -

Love that song dropofftyourkeylee, now it is stuck in my head, thank you very much ;-)

in the 50's board picture was Henschel. Wasn't he the president of the board later, when there was a governing body formed separately from the governing body?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

On this side of the fence we seize on the phrase that they are not infallible and can err. But the overall message of the article is just the opposite.

It starts by discussing the first century apostles and GB ,whom they readily accept were led by Christ . They boldly state then that in 1919 Jesus appointed them as the F&D Slave. That is said without explanation.

Using a logical fallacy of ommiting alternatives, they state that only the Holy Spirit could be the reason for their "spiritual understanding ".... (despite their flip flops)

The same false reasoning is applied to "evidence of angelic assistance " for their growth to 8 million despite persecution ( ironic given the state of things in Russia )

The article concludes with firm counsel to "remember and be obedient to the men taking the lead" they are told that obedience to the GB is obedience to Jesus who appointed them.

So that is what the dubs took home yesterday to mull over with their Sunday tea-time......if they gave it a second thought

• SAHS
    SAHS

It’s really a calculated gamble for the Watch Tower corporation: They are hoping that by acknowledging they are in fact infallible, then people will say how wonderful and humble they are for admitting that they are less than the divine representation of Almighty God on earth.

However, such pseudo-candid acknowledgment of the obvious infallibility of the cult’s leadership opens the door for an avalanche of critical introspection within their membership.

The governing body is hoping that their rank-and-file membership will somehow look past the obvious multitude of deal breakers in their credibility so as to still espouse their evidently progressive and dynamic leadership – still with all the disengenious twists and turns of their predecessors.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Canada just had it's "headquarters representative meeting" this past weekend (zone meeting) and all of Canada was tied in over the weekend by video (and I assume some only by audio). Graham Pratt of the branch committee gave the WT summary. I was eagerly awaiting what he would say about that paragraph...

and he skips over the entire first half of the paragraph. He didn't say anything about the GB being infallible. He spent like 30 seconds on the paragraph, just talking about whatever the end of it says, and then he moved on.

Think about it - a member of a country's branch committee refused to even talk about that subject. I just shook my head - if a branch committee member would gloss over that paragraph, then most congregations will as well. The branch representative was some Dutch/Belgian old guy.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Just copied this 1973 Watchtower statement (uninspired of course), from jw facts

"Consider, too, the fact that Jehovah's organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by God's holy spirit or active force. (Zech. 4:6) Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book. Many persons of the world are very intelligent, capable of understanding complex matters. They can read the Holy Scriptures, but they cannot understand their deep meaning. Yet God's people can comprehend such spiritual things. Why? Not because of special intelligence on their part, but as the apostle Paul declared: "For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God."" Watchtower 1973 Jul 1 p.402

• waton
    waton

and he skips over the entire first half of the paragraph. He didn't say anything about the GB being infallible. He spent like 30 seconds on the paragraph

This the shame, hypocrisy of the wt leadership. GB, Zone, branch. hiding even the watered down version of the truth. If you did not know about Paragraph 12, you would never know it even existed, from that talk. Zone approved. A dutch treat.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    and he skips over the entire first half of the paragraph. He didn't say anything about the GB being infallible. He spent like 30 seconds on the paragraph, just talking about whatever the end of it says, and then he moved on.

The words 'Skirt' and 'issues' come to mind for some reason

• blondie
    blondie

They have said this before in other publications. A search of the WTOnline shows that.

They usually toss that it once in a while; most jws either sleep through the WT study, spend most of their time in the restroom after they turn down the sound from the main hall, or stand in the back and talk about other things.

Read the magazine before they get to the study meeting.....right

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

The same here. There's no reaction to this kind of articles. I think WT could publish that the whole Bible is old light and that they have a new book from the NY guys to substitute it and they would agree and accept it without a word.

The witnesses are worshipping the Org above all. It's discouraging.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Wasn't their something in the Kingdom Ministry that once said we should view what the GB say as if it came from the mouth of Jehovah?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit