Today's W.T on GB not being inspired is having ZERO impact on most J.W's

by Isambard Crater 51 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The was a photo today of the 1950's board of directors. What was the source of the photo and who were they?

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Steve2: ex-JWs appear to study it more thoroughly than current JWs.

True dat!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The was a photo today of the 1950's board of directors. What was the source of the photo and who were they?

I remember a recurring theme in Ray Franz's book Crises Of Conscience. What you're looking at in that picture IS NOT a governing body of any sort in the 1950s. Knorr was President (Pope) and could over-ride anybody... except Knorr was some sort of puppet for Fred Franz (he was practically worshiped by the high ranking bethelites).

Here he is. Holding a bible like he's some sort of scholar, he was one of the men that translated the New World Translation (with only a rudimentary education in Hebrew, no greek, so you know it's accurate!)

It's been testified by former, and current, members of Bethel that old Fred was quite "forceful" in his speeches/talks.

A board of directors for a publishing company is a massive difference from a governing body dispensing spiritual food.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

So from left to right, what are their names?

3. Is this Grant Suiter?

4. AH MacMillan?? maybe?

5. Nathan Knorr

6. Fred Franz

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

OK, I found it. It appears in 'Faith on the March', but it appears to be a different take of the photograph, as their exact positions are changed between the two photos.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The governing body as spiritual leaders are fake just as the presidents were. They assumed power in the 1970's over the objections of Franz who didn't want to share his total powers with anyone. The fairy tale of the humble faithful and discrete slave was used to validate them in the eyes of the rank and file as it did for the presidents previously: Russell, Rutherford, Knorr and Franz though the latter was the real power behind the throne even during Knorr's era.

I strongly recommend the book "The four presidents of the Watchtower society" by Edmond Gruss for a behind the scenes unbiased look at the presidents which shows that they were nothing more than selfish power mongers out on a power trip. Nothing like the exemplary, god beloved, top grade spiritualised beings they claim to be. Far from it they come across as the very image of the evil slave.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i always smile at Fred Franz' lumberjack look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaRd4d8hOY

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It is amazing that people dont put 1 and 1 together (its easier than 2 and 2) that if they make mistakes both with the bible and the org - what the heck makes them different than any other religion - and why should you listen to them?

The real way to look at it from a JW R&F would be - ok I like going and I think they are are doing their best - BUT - if they can and have been wrong so many times - why would I let them set policy (that can be and has been wrong) that can KICK me out of the org - and have my family SHUN me?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Ttddt, they are very dictatorial surely the R&F members should have a say in decisions that affect their lives often profoundly. And all the more so since they themselves admitted over time to making numerous errors. Who can trust them in that case? Of course if someone demands as much they will be very speedily expelled and shunned.

• zeb
    zeb

There was one wt that rambled on forever to tell us we were not ministers and months later another wt did the opposite. (or vice versa) Everyone in both cases were bored completely dull and all were happy when it finished.

Abandonment of shunning, the blood doctrine, or the intro of tithing would be about the only things that would see any reaction from the masses oh and reversal of the birthday thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit