Does this make you feel good? Coz it makes me feel bad.....

by ScottyRex 68 Replies latest jw friends

• pbrow
    pbrow

I am not talking about Hazard or billy the bethelite. I dont recall ever making any comments about either of those two.

I am talking simply about this man(sure he was intox) who got up, toasted the generation of 1914 and then after promoting his website, left. How would you like me to prove the negative that this WILL not work. That is more certain then you and I can be. I am saying the possibility is open that it could work. Unless I am reading your comments wrong, you are saying that it CANNOT work. That is further then I would be willing to go.

pbrow

• azor
    azor

Everyone has a right to criticize. I'm not arguing against that. What I am saying is that arm chair criticism is harmful. He was not violent. Their so called sacred ceremonies are not untouchable. This belief system warrants mockery in every shape and form. I would not do something like this and it is few and far between. I don't know how it would have impacted me when I was in. It's likely that several of the men in the hall I was in would get at least verbally aggressive if not even physically so. That would help wake people up.

The other point I'm making is directed at the original poster ScottyRex. The last time he posted months ago he was criticisizing YouTube activists. Some who helped me tremendously when I was first exiting. He strikes me as an anti ex jw.

I guess the inner strife and criticism of those giving a damn is pissing me off. I'm not hoping for unity of thought. As that is exactly what we left. Just giving some leeway to those trying. Damn there are many YouTubers and activists I don't care to listen to any more. I don't criticize them though because I believe they each serve a purpose.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    Magnum, of course you are right and my initial reaction was coming from a place of pain. However, that's not the person I want to be. I have a hard time seeing this objectively as I wrote before. On the other hand, If this happened when I was in the audience as a Witness it would probably made me think. Something similar happened in the congregation I used to attend. A disfellowshipped man came in and tried to yell something out during a meeting. Three brothers physically dragged him out the front door and locked it. I just remember looking back and they were dragging him by the arms while he was yelling. I think they may have called the police. He didn't get a chance to say more than a few sentences. I wasn't offended at all but more curious as to what he had to say. This was before the internet so there was no place to research anything he said... I can't even remember now what it was. Actually, it made for an interesting meeting.
  • cognac
    cognac
    Go back to your f*ing hole Scotty.

Don't talk to him like that.

• Listener
    Listener
    ScottyRex I'm not sure who I am more annoyed about. The bloke doing the commentry, the punk shouting at a serious and should be respectful religious event, or some of the youtube comments that follow.
    And I find this so disrespectful.

What do you have against the bloke doing the commentary? I am also wondering why celebrating the Lords Evening Meal by passing around the emblems without partaking should be viewed as a respectful event?

• clarity
    clarity

Seems to me, that when we say "as long as it saves just one person from this society" ........ we too are practicing the 'us & them' game. Putting our selves above others. US & THEM dehumanizes us. Should we not consider people who are JW's no different from Baptists, Catholics etc

The congregations are made up of families...for the most part. Families like yours.

When my children were very small there was an upset at a meeting one night......that made them shake afterward & worry about evil slaves (lots of talk of them then) and they were afraid. I was really pissed about that.

All I am saying is, we need to think of all of us as being fellow humans .....and be careful of what we are doing. Is it hurting or helping?

• Magnum
    Magnum

paul from cleveland, I understand. Thank you for your nice reply. Actually, something happened to me today (JW related) that made me want to go to a Kingdom Hall and tell JWs off, however, I'm learning more and more to wait until I cool off to choose how to react or whether to react at all.

I can't say what happened because doing so might indentify me, but, it just reinforced to me the feelings that I have that a lot of JWs are extremely self-righteous and condescending.

• azor
    azor
    Cognac. Why not? From everything I've seen he is an anti ex jw. People who criticize others for giving a damn and trying deserve nothing but contempt and ridicule. So I have done so and will continue to.
  • paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    I'm learning more and more to wait until I cool off to choose how to react or whether to react at all.

I'm working on this too. Mainly work related issues. I'm averse to confrontation but some situations bring out a part of myself that I don't like.

• cognac
    cognac
    Cognac. Why not? From everything I've seen he is an anti ex jw. People who criticize others for giving a damn and trying deserve nothing but contempt and ridicule. So I have done so and will continue to.

Really???? Anti ex-JW or not, you have no right to talk to him like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit