J. W's Are Afraid of Old Literature

by IWant2Leave 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

I'm reading Babylon the Great Has Fallen, God's Kingdom Rules, published 1963. This was studied years ago when I was about 10-12 years old. I wanted to just read some of the beliefs from decades ago. My wife wants to know why I'm reading this book. I mentioned just to read history. Her response? "You don't need to read that!" I'm also using the Diaglott and the Greek Interlinear, all WTBTS literature, when reading the New Testament and comparing it to the New World Translation. (had a C.O. that was doing the same thing) This doesn't sit well with her either!

I'm PIMO, former elder, She is very much PIMI. Old literature/light is right up there with apostate literature. Go figure.

Reading "Babylon the Great Has Fallen, God's Kingdom Rules"

You are a glutton for punishment. I was 14 when it came out.

Here is something fun you might want to do. Read the book but pretend you know nothing about the Jehovah's Witnesses and their teachings.

Pretend you bought it from a door to door salesman as thousands of people did. Read it with the eyes and mind of a non Jehovah's Witness.

I'm your sure you will come to the same conclusion a friend of mine did after reading this book that is no longer in print.

What is this conclusion? That the people who wrote this book (probably Franz) and the people who did believe in its pontifications are BAT SHIT crazy.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

How to totally annoy her - find old literature being used in current videos. See that'd evidently demonstrate they are apostate. Look at this video on the OFFICIAL site! It's title is:-

A Tool to Help Us Explain Our Beliefs About 1914

They are using the Is Satan Real Magazine from 2014! Old light. Oh how could they! :D

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Reading "Babylon the Great Has Fallen, God's Kingdom Rules"

1234 ...

Bizarre that you mention that book. I was cleaning out a closet just yesterday. I keep finding stuff from old relatives that have died but somehow all the stuff gets passed to me. I think I have about 5 copies of the book between my garage and attic.

I just looked at the book and get those flashbacks of being a kid at the book study on Tuesday night and some how trying to make sense out of something that really doesn't make sense. And those explanations of Rev. 18:2 and 18:4 seemed to go on forever when you are at a young age.

Now with extra time with the COVID-19 thing happening, you may just have just motivated me to go and pick the book up out of the box and read parts for my enjoyment.

I still even have the "question" book that came along with it for use at the book study. Aren't you proud of me?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

You gotta wonder what kind of dementia drug that "Mad Freddy" was on when he wrote the Babylon book? I needed drugs to sit through the book study when that book was on the menu!

just saying!

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    It was the same with me.When I expressed my first doubts to my mother, she said to me, "You read too much old literature." It's unbelievable.
  • truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

What would a PIMI define as "old"? That refers to a anything not in the present. Yesterday is old (i.e. day old bread).

Is there an expiration date on Watchtower literature like there is on a carton of milk? At what point is it no longer safe to read a particular book or magazine that was published by the Watchtower?

If I drink expired milk I risk getting food poisoning and getting physically ill. What risk do I take from reading old literature?

The Bible was literally written thousands of years ago. Should we stop reading it since it is no longer safe to read a Watchtower publication based on the Bible that was written a decade or two ago?

If there is something wrong with reading a Watchtower publication today, why was it considered required reading by the entire organization at the time it was printed? Why was the release of that publication literally celebrated with thunderous applause at a convention?

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

I would tell her that in 35 years some wife will be telling her husband not to read what is currently out.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The leaders of the JWS (GB) are the real ones who dont want present JWS to read any of the organization's old literature.

They just might realize what a tainted fraud they are involved in/with as a commercialized religious publishing house.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

1234 & TRUTHBKNOWN:

Yes.

And how can anybody possibly believe the JW religion is ‘truth’ when somebody can be criticized or disfellowshipped for reading this religion’s old literature?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit