J. W's Are Afraid of Old Literature

by IWant2Leave 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    IWant2Leave - "...Old literature/light is right up there with apostate literature."

IMO, you're even more right then you know.

Hell, as far as the Org is concerned, anything that criticizes the the Society, contradicts "current light", or refutes WT ideology may as well be be "apostate"...

...even stuff that never had a WT connection in the first place.

The only reason they haven't fully set it in stone is that it would probably limit recruitment too much, and "growth=God's blessing" is still too strongly embedded in the JW worldview.

• Ding
    Ding

I once had an elder denounce old WT literature I was showing him as garbage and apostate literature.

I asked, "When do WT publications stop being the truth and turn into garbage and apostate literature?"

He stormed out of my living room.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Before I had left I was researching through some of the old Watchtower literature, at the time I still had hard copies of books dated back to the 1960s. My very much PIMI brother inlaw said I was a stupid woman and an apostate. This did not sit very well with my husband, and he replied back to his brother, well then the Watchtower must also be an apostate because it is their books. So that also makes you an apostate by association with the Watchtower.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Ding I would have said are you saying the wt. is apostate since they published it? Lol. Still Totally ADD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

JW's are afraid of old literature;

Well, here's why;

From David A. Reed ''Index of WatchTower Errors"

p 31 ''The men of Sodom will not be resurrected'' WT 6/1/1952

p 37 "The men of Sodom will be resurrected" WT 8/1/1965

p 60 "The men of Sodom will not be resurrected" WT 6/1/1988

p 38 "... a disfellowshipped relative who does not live in the same home, contact with him is kept to what is absolutely necessary...even curtailed completely if at all possible" WT 7/15/1963

p46 "...a disfellowshipped parent goes to visit a son or daughter or to see grandchildren....that is not the concern of the elders. Such one has a natural right to visit his blood relatives and offspring." WT 8//1/1974

JW's are afraid of old WT literature because often the Borganization says 2 different things for the same policies.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis
    Reading "older publications" published by the Watchtower is actually encouraged.

Watchtower, 1999/10/1/pg.23

One day in about October 1941, while I was witnessing in the marketplace, someone spoke about a Witness of Jehovah who lived in a nearby town. He was a former policeman named Christos Triantafillou. I went to see him and learned that he had been a Witness since 1932. How happy I was when he provided me with many older Watch Tower publications! These really helped me make spiritual progress.

-------------------------------------------------------

Watchtower, 1981/7/1/pg.10

“I accepted a teaching job in Ganta, where my mother lived. She was studying with Jehovah’s Witnesses. In time, I, too, accepted a home Bible study but with the idea of proving to the Witness that he was being misled. After our first discussion, in which he amazed me with answers from the Bible to all my questions, I had to conclude that I was the one who was misled. . . . I decided to read some older Watch Tower publications to see if I could find any contradictions. But this literature only strengthened my faith in the Bible as God’s Word and in the Witnesses as his people.

Petra!
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I've always thought that the WTBT Society was a lot closer to being akin to Amway then the bible.

The products we had to offer always had an invisible expiration date.

"Do not continue to believe in or use this particular product as it could damage your health. However we regret that refunds are not available. We can assure you that we will continue to get our shit together....praise Jah......."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS leaders (GB) dont want the devoted members to see the old WTS literature because they might find out the WTS/JWs leaders (GB) are corrupt apostate sinners.

The various aspects of controlling information is there in the JWS by its top orchestraters for obvious reasons. Strive to control incoming information is an important endeavor with most religoius cults, without it you may lose followers completely.

• tiki
    tiki

Seriously they consider those old publications "apostate" now?? Cannot be....truth is truth. Perhaps the blind are leading the blind....

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Very nice comments. Some have had similar experiences as I have, pertaining to expired literature. Reminds me of something I learned about in recent months: It's called the B.I.T.E. model, It's meant to control all things listed.

Behavior

Information

Thought

Emotion

If you can control the second item, everything else falls into place. W.T. literature is designed to do this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit