" you will never grow old..."

by mrquik 51 Replies latest jw friends

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Yes, this was a terrible lie and it still goes on and millions still believe it. Generation after generation and even overlapping generations are believing it.

I was told as a child in 50s and 60s that soon god would put an end to this wicked system. I was terrified of Armaggedon and had many sleepless nights worrying about it. Was told my young sister would never leave primary school. I left school at 15 because no use going to college this system was ending soon!

I feel very sad today because my lovely niece who is barely 16 has just put pictures on facebook of her getting baptized at her assembly. If only her father, who was never a witness, had done some research into this cult and put up some opposition to his wife, my sister, who was never going to leave primary school. No doubt he was there at the assembly to watch his daughter getting baptized into something he kn ows barely nothing about.

My other sister who lost a child at a very young age, who drinks every night just to cope, has put on facebook her yearly "my child would have been 40 today, miss him so much, cant wait to see him again", and all the replies every year the same, "won't be long now, you will see him soon"! That's what they all said when he died nearly 40 years ago! Why can't they see?

I am 60, I got old in this system. They lied and they are still lying.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

My mom is eighty one now. She's had some small strokes. She recently said, "I'll probably just have a big one some night and die in my sleep." She sounded bitter. Dad is gone, Grandparents all gone, aunt and uncle gone, most of her friends gone, but she still goes to meetings and tries to drag me back.

I retired at 56 from that career I'd never have, because the end was coming in 1975. That meant I couldn't go to college either, even tho my non JW grandfather offered to pay for it. Now, on Facebook I see a high school buddy is about to retire from her law practice. That's what I wanted to do, become an attorney. But no, the end was SO close.

Mom just told me, the way things are going in the world, it can't be long now. Then my dad will be resurrected! Um, yeah. I don't have it in me to crush her only hope that keeps her going, nor can I encourage it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When I was young in the 60s this was a common mantra, now all those just older than me are in the cemetery.

They are getting to the New World via "The Underground".

Image result for open grave

Doc

• smiddy
    smiddy

Not only that my wife and I would never grow old , but our children would never go to high school .

My wife and I are in our 70`s , and not only did our children go to high school ,they married and had children of their own ,who also have gone through high school , and married and had children.

And the WTB&TS today , takes no responsibility for "Witnesses" who took them at their word and never had children .

smiddy

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I could handle the prospect of hitting high school I was 13 in 1979 but the prospect of leaving school and going into the workplace was utterly preposterous, then I was sucked into the end coming by the end of the millennium, the "promises" to be fulfilled by the end of the 20th century, of course the promises were all lies and bullshit, 1986 was The International Year of Peace, nothing happened the millennium celebrations came and went, I was out by 1993, my waking up had started and my research showed me they have plenty of form in regards to failed "end times." Its now 2016, over half way through the year, the worlds population is over 7.3 billion, and their membership is dwindling and even more and more of the billions alive on the earth dont have any idea about their stewardship of preaching the global message of the kingdom, pathetic.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Hey smiddy,

Sounds like we have had very similar experiences in life. I'll soon be 70, 4 great kids and 7 really great grand kids. I too was an ubber dubber for over 5 decades! Gave up on a very promising baseball career, a game that I loved! Raised my kids as ubber dubbers but now that I've escaped the borg, I'm doing my best in a very subtle way to get them to see ttatt!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

So many xJW friends are suffering today, we all became JW's in the 60's and 70's..Many

are still working, traveling to Mexico for medical and medicine. I just learn that a good friend

and wife seeking dental work in Mexico, they didn't save for their twilight years. Several brothers

worked for themselves and didn't save or put enough in SSI....It's sad and I feel for them....

The sad part their kids are no longer in their life, many left when they became of age.....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yet the society has the hide to say that they never set dates, or made predictions about when the end would come!

They say that it was "over zealous ones" who jumped to wrong conclusions based on eagerness or something like that!

The society needs to own up and admit that they TAUGHT specifics about various end dates. And such teachings affected millions of lives!

• Wayward
    Wayward

And yet the society has the hide to say that they never set dates, or made predictions about when the end would come!

They say that it was "over zealous ones" who jumped to wrong conclusions based on eagerness or something like that!

The society needs to own up and admit that they TAUGHT specifics about various end dates. And such teachings affected millions of lives

That's nothing but bs. We all know the faithful dubs would never DARE think anything for themselves. Using your brain is an unforgivable sin in borgland. Just a way for the GB to deflect attention from their own idiocy.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

A few years ago an Elder came to my door and I told him I was once a elder.

He became a JW 1976 and he told me he remembered something about 1975 date and

brothers went beyond, reading something that wasn't there.

So I ask him , why do you think brothers were selling their homes and moving to serve more,

hell I moved to serve in another country. Was this a mass hysteria? We were preaching at the doors,

time is short you can kiss 1977 good bye. So we were all preaching a false message and the GB

didn't stop us....

He told me he will be back and talk with me, that was 5 years ago.....LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit