" you will never grow old..."

by mrquik 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Yes, Mark. Thank you.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Bigdummy

I feel you, my wife has come around big time but still hold out just in case it is the truth. I have told her you need to do your own research and it will become clear as day. She is hesitate to go on apostate websites.

My sister and her husband were in town for a visit the other day, they are completely in, extreme bunker type.

She said that"a brother is her hall stopped going to the meeting" he was the PO of their hall. I asked her what happened to him? She said "he started looking at apostate sites and left the truth".

Me: I wonder what he read that drastically changed his view of the truth?

Her: It doesn't matter what he seen the counsel is never look at these sites they will instill doubts in you and you will certainly leave, not because of what you read but because you were unloyal to Jehovah.

Me: Or maybe it was just what he read?

She ended the conversation their, she just thinks we are spiritually weak and need encouragement. But doubt is what I served up. Poor sister she has a good heart but so delusional.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Like you, mrquik, I am a 'child' of the '50's and so your post resonates with me. My mother converted in the 1950's and I was born in 1955. Over and over again we were told 'you WILL NOT grow old'..........yet every single person that made this assertion to us has indeed grown old and the vast majority of those folks are dead.

My long fade started 40 years ago this month.

In July of 1976 I was YOUNG, HANDSOME and BROKE walking out the door of Watchtower Farms.

In July of 2016 I am no longer YOUNG, no longer HANDSOME and no longer BROKE!

In my book, 1 out of 3 ain't bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

The 79 year old elder officiating at my mother's funeral said "We're all going to die." Apparently some have given up on the fantasy.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

WOW! I was 2 in 1953 when my mom got baptized. I will be 65 in September. I can't believe it. I threw away scholarships, and have struggled much of my life. All the old people I knew have passed away, expecting to walk into the New World. My mother thought she would never die. I didn't think she would die. My children were going to grow up in the Paradise. Now they are getting old. It's amazing, but I don't blame God or the Bible. In fact, I still love the bible. But what will happen and when, and how, who knows? I'm just grateful to still be alive and well.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

" you will never grow old...".....Watchtower

My Grand Parents are Dead..

My Parents are Dead..

Image result for Fuck you

Image result for Watchtower logo

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's the epitome of arrogance, to imagine that you, out of all the millions of humans who have lived and died, will somehow figure out a way to cheat death.How silly to think some Yahoo a hundred years ago had some how figured it all out, cracked the code, did the impossible.

MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE!

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

1969 Knock on the door I open the door. 1970 I'm Baptized, 1971 my wife is Baptized, 1972 my son is born on the fourth of July, no Birthday for you. 1973 my second son is born. 33 years a slave,2002 finally closed the door. I am now 71 years old, my wife is 76, my sons are 44 and 43. You will never grow old.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes! Great thread!

I remember a conversation with an over righteous elder one day who was speaking about "living forever" ( it was while I was still in and in good standing)

I simply replied "you know what I realised? Every single person who has ever lived on this earth has died!"

Silence followed......

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

My parents seperated (due to family illness) when I was 8.I prayed that my father could see me graduate from HS (because we were so close to the end). I graduated 30 years ago........my parents are DEAD as are most of their friends. The younger generation STILL yell about never growing old....and how close we are to the end. I really dont understand the delusion!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit