" you will never grow old..."

by mrquik 51 Replies latest jw friends

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?
    @LisaRose

"MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE!"

Heard those very words from Fred Franz himself at Bethel.

The only thing that never gets old is the joy I feel to not be a part of that cult.

• zeb
    zeb

I have recollections' of the..'75 thing and the denials later.

and if these rabid uber jw live .. forever then what.

• What would they do write music?
    • practice all manner of botany,
    • perhaps work with metals and create wonderful alloys that have today unimagined qualities,
    • perform inspiring works of music
    • help tidy up the earth
    • help rake the seas for all the rubbish that is in them.
    • perhaps given a lot of time reach out to other planets.
    • or, get hold of Russel and chew his ear about the occult thins he followed
    • or get hold of Rutherford and chew him out for the bully boy ways he operated on.

Has any jw any idea of what their live would be in the 'new order' or whatever it is called these days?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

"Millions now living will never die"

Satan only lied to one person!

Look at the sentence Satan was given.

Leaders of the Watchtower do you not fear God?
  • tiki
    tiki

Yep.....another growing up in the 50s....now over age 65.......I like the mantra. Living well is the best revenge.. Make the most of your life...live it fully and be the best you can be! It is very sad that we lost years of potential growth and wonder....but you can't bring it back....just forge ahead with strength and resilience.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Ya never know... 8 million now living may never die.
  • eewx2
    eewx2

This thread breaks my heart. I will turn 40 in a week. I know that is relatively young, but I was never supposed to graduate high school. My dad said my son wouldn't go to kindergarten because the new system would come. My son turns 13 four days after my birthday. I really struggle with getting older. I have been out for 5 and a half years, but I still struggle sometimes. I feel for my parents who are so blinded by the organization that they will likely die believing this garbage. My brother too. He will be 36 this year, and I doubt he will ever wake up either. It is just sad to me. Thanks for reading and to all who shared their experiences.

• blondie
    blondie

My jw family believed in "your will never die" because the end was so close. All but my youngest aunt and stepfather are gone in that age bracket both 85 and still hoping. The rest (many) of the jw flamily age group are already dead, wondering what happened to that promise as the drew their last breath.

Isaiah’s Prophecy I p. 398

And what about Jehovah’s promise that he will soon end wickedness and transform this earth into a paradise? Is it not comforting to have the prospect of surviving into that coming Paradise and never dying?—Psalm 37:9-11, 29; Revelation 21:3-5.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102000050?q=never+dying&p=sen

John 11:25, 26: “Jesus said to her [the sister of a man whom he thereafter restored to life]: ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life; and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all. Do you believe this?’” (So, besides the hope of resurrection, Jesus held out something else for persons living when the present wicked world comes to its end. Those with the hope of being earthly subjects of God’s Kingdom have the prospect of surviving and never dying at all.)

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989244?q=never+dying&p=sen

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Let the reader use discernment!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Happy to 'chime in' with this group here. I was 9 yrs old when I was told my folks and I would never get old - 60 yrs ago. In 1970, I was assured mom would be resurrected 'soon.' So, for a dozen years or so, I juggled these and many JW issues. I chose to accept 'reality' versus JW lulling dreams. I have not missed the unrealistic JW world for one second!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

They are still telling this lie.

In reading up on child psycology, in became apparent that around the 12 year old time, a kid begins to undertand that they are loving their one and only life as they know it. Religion may foster various hopes afterwards but the actual life they have.....will end. There is a process here. One neccesary to proper development.

When i asked my mom about death......she said i wont have to worry about it. I will never die because we are so close.

Comforting at 12, but hard to configure as an adult. S

Now my mom is to sick to talk to about it, and she twlls my 4 year old that dead people will live again. He tells me. My response?

"_____ nana is very old and sick, i think she believes in zombies. So thats what she means. Terrible right? But we dont believe in zombies. Just be nice to nana."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit