" you will never grow old..."

by mrquik 51 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I believe this is the main reason a large number of JW's are on anti depressants. So many in our family did not prepare for this system to still be here. They are pushing 70 and still working hard physically, with NO end in site.They have no retirement savings and nothing to fall back on. There children never received any higher education, so they are also not prepared for a long road a head of them and they can not help there aging parents. Sad!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Who's the father of the lie?.... when I was little I was told a lie

• Wayward
    Wayward

I was born on December 30, 1975. If the WT hadn't been a false prophet, the world should have ended and I should have died as an hours-old infant. But the end did NOT come and my mom converted in 1980. I was told by older 'brothers' and 'sisters' that the end was coming any time now. I wouldn't ever go to high school. I'd be lucky to finish elementary school. I started high school the same year the first Gulf War began. My congregation was buzzing with talk that here at last was the Big A we'd been promised.

Fast forward to July 15, 2016. The world is still very much here. I graduated high school 22 years ago. Both my younger sisters did too and all three of us are married. One has three girls of her own, the oldest starting high school in September. I have gray hairs, lines on my forehead, and I ache in places I didn't know I had. My mother is looking at retirement and is afraid she won't have enough resources to get by on. And the 'brothers' and 'sisters' who kept telling me none of this was ever going to happen? They all passed away many years ago. The generation who lived in hope/fear of 1975 are rapidly aging, the youngest in their early or mid-60s. It's a terrible tragic waste.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

You know I really don't care what they preach, if people want to believe it then let them. My problem is how they deal with those that decide it's all bullshit! You should be able to say to anyone, who wants to listen "its a destructive cult and its all lies". Look at all the lies they have been spewing since the 1800, they are the epitome of a false prophet here the proof, look at all the pedophile issues happening in the congregations, on and on we could go...but no we are threatened with losing our families if we speak the TRUTH. That's what infuriates me about this destructive controlling CULT.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Love your comment MarkofCane. So true!

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

When I was young in the 60s this was a common mantra, now all those just older than me are in the cemetery. You do not hear this much if at all these days, GB subtly moved things and focus so they can continue this fraud ad infinitude.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MRQUIK:

Yes, it is a grievous lie, and I am sorry for all the Witnesses who were taken in by this.

When I came into the JWs as a young adult, the person who told me about this "we may never taste death" thing was very hung up on it because they were afraid of aging and losing their good looks and were looking forward to the "new system" to get their youthful looks back. While I wasn't sure I totally believed it, I felt it was a great idea if it really happened.

As another poster said, I believe disappointment over this is the reason many Witnesses are depressed, not to mention lack of planning for the future. They are all sitting there, while the clock on the wall ticks on!

As far as all the elderly in the religion passing away, yes that is sad. When I started my "fade" fifteen years ago, the first thing I did was make peace with the idea of death and I rid myself of this "paradise" fantasy because I felt it was a cruel trick to play on my mind. Surprisingly enough, I did and wonder how much I actually believed in the first place.

Anyway, be glad you made it to your age and try to enjoy yourself.

We are all getting old, but at least I am retired and won't be growing old sitting in a Kingdom Hall listening to empty promises and wishful thinking and being around people I don't like and who never liked me because I had a full-time job, which I held onto until the end.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

You're going to grow old and gray

And if you ever have children so will they

So remember me on this very day

When in defiance of your false prophet

I lift up my voice and say

You, your children and their grandchildren

Are going to grow old and gray

All of you who follow the Watchtower way

Do not look upon tomorrow with conceit and arrogance

For you will be humbled, bowing, no more haughty stance

Just remember me on that future day

When you finally have grown old and gray

Remember your foolish lie

When it's time for you to die

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Nice Village...did you write this?

• Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

Markofcane,

That is my feelings also. I'm 65 and started going to the kh when I was five years

old. My wife was born in. I haven't been in fs for many, many months. Couldn't

continue to go to people's doors and tell them something I didn't believe myself.

i go the meetings sometimes to accompany my wife but I try to read my bible

while I'm sitting there and try to block out a lot of things. I look around some-

times and watch the others nod their heads in agreement to some ridiculous

assertment. One of the elders stated from the podium the other night, " if you

don't attend all meetings and go in fs, there is something wrong with you."

I thought so be it. If that's what you think that's fine. I don't speak to any

jws about my views. I tell my wife but it doesn't affect her beliefs at all. That's

ok with me. Everyone should be able to believe what they want. It's funny that

you can't question the org. It's like poking someone in the eye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit