Havent gone to the kingdom hall in ten years but may have to go back...

by Joliette 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joliette
    Joliette

Im in America...

Like I mentioned in a previous post, people always talk about therapy and joining another church. You have to have the right insurance in order to get the best therapy.

• Joliette
    Joliette

And most churches basically are all the same.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

You sound like you are full of excuses. Start thinking about how you can succeed.

It sounds like you have an education, get a job that has insurance. And it sounds like you have nothing to lose right now so you really can't fail. Take any opportunity that comes along. Read books watch videos whatever it takes.

I'm not a huge fan of Dave Ramsey but one thing I do agree on is that you need to stop waiting on someone else to take care of you. You need to do it for yourself.

You have no dependents so even if you do get sick and owe millions to the hospitals so what? Not to mention you are worrying about something that hasn't happened yet.

Having children won't help you either. Most likely they'll have their own debt to worry about. And they are expensive and need their own insurance.

How is going to the KH going to get you health insurance? You know they won't help out if you get sick right? Even your family probably won't help out. Maybe if you are an exemplary JW be even then it's doubtful. Most likely they will tell you to rely on God. You don't need to be a JW to do that.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Joliette, you have created a false dichotomy in your head about 'JWs' versus 'the world'. In reality, JWs are just another religious denomination. If you don't agree with the beliefs and/or demands of that denomination but still have religious beliefs, there are plenty of other religious denominations in the US where you would find a support network without the pressures of the JWs. If you are not really religious but just want the support network, try looking for a local atheist group, or just a group centered around something else you enjoy doing.

However, none of those groups are going to help you with your financial issues. Make a budget. Cut non-essential costs and prioritise paying off essential utilities and loans with the highest interest rate.

• asp59
    asp59
    I'm sorry but having pity for yourself is a big no-no in JW land. It's even been subject in the watchtower litteratur. They think it's lacking faith. I have cure different health problem using alternative medicine. Event just using imagination. Thinking abouth becoming a prepper also. Lost of information on the internet. But if you want the advice they gonna give you in a kingdom hall without even stepping into the hall? They gonna tell you pray to God for help.
  • Joliette
    Joliette

You guys are missing the point. If something ends up happening to me who is going to help me? If I ended up getting seriously sick in an accident no ex Jehovah's Witness is gonna help. I know the religion is BS and I'm not throwing a pity party at all. Im being realistic. Maybe some xjws help other xjws but there isn't a large amount of xjws helping other ones. It's hard to leave when your family is still in it your relatives etc.

I believe that life is better for some ex Jehovah's Witnesses but not but for all. And it depends on what type of therapist you can find. Most therapist do not specialize in cult recovery. Right now I'm trying to get disability but it's been hell trying to get it gonna have to get an attorney. I've read books did research but i still have to go to work and function. It hasn't been very easy for me. I wish I was thriving out in the world. That's not true for all ex Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Joliette
    Joliette

The biggest thing with me, is that I should have left this religion back by the time I was least 21. The older you get and the longer you stay in: the harder it is to leave. I've been so brainwashed that I literally have to be on disability. Im barley functioning in the real world. The only thing that has truly helped me is government assistance and my jws parents that's it. I know the government is a part of the world but you guys get what I mean.

• asp59
    asp59

I actually understand your situation cause I'm in same situation. I have a disability and got some money for it. I moved to abroad were life is cheaper. I'm alone here. JW congregations are the same everywhere probably. Very hard to get into and people very suspicious of others. It's not really difficult if you wanna return to JWs cause your family is there. It's not like it was 20 year's ago this org. Members see meetings more as social gatherings and usually don't talk about spiritual things with other JWs. There are few hardcore JWs this days. Plus with zoom meetings you can have regular life being inside the org. This org is nothing like it was 20 or even 10 years ago.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There’s no question in my mind that the pandemic is bringing situations such as this home to roost.

People are thinking about their mortality where normally life would be too busy and they would have considered it rather a morbid subject to dwell upon.To die alone.

We are constantly bombarded with tragedy at the moment and it may be the first time many, especially younger, folks have genuinely considered just what dying entails....will I suffer? Who will be there? Will I leave a legacy? Will anyone even care???

Isolation is really a terrible thing and I think you need to reach out to someone Joilette. I don’t know what kind of a lockdown you have where you live but I really caution you to maybe wait until things get back to some kind of normality before you do something you may live to regret.😥

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Joliette:

You guys are missing the point. If something ends up happening to me who is going to help me?

Seriously? People have suggested finding another group, whether it's religious or secular. You're just not listening (or you just want the attention?). You think people in other groups won't be there for you, but there's no guarantee that JWs will be there for you either. And what kind of relationship is it if you're only associating with them just to take advantage of them if times get tough?? And why would you only be expecting 'exjws' to help you?

I know the government is a part of the world but you guys get what I mean.

Let go of this 'part of the world' nonsense. The 'government' is only as much 'a part of the world' as JWs are 'part of the world'. It's just the one 'world'. Let go of the false dichotomy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit