To those taking a stand and not attending the Memorial tonight

by doubtfull1799 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

@Nathan Natas - Thank you for your comment. And thank you for bringing some perspective to my overly hysterical statement. This obviously wasn't addressed to people like you who have moved on and made peace with the whole situation. I'm sorry if my heart-on-sleeve emotionalism annoyed you.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You're welcome. Maybe someday you will let go of the fear that every distant thunderclap is the beginning of Armageddon.

Not only is it not, it never will be. We were all taught tales invented by fairies.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Onager - If it was last night, Monday, then why the frick did I have a JW knock on my door at about 2pm with a flyer? Did they honestly expect me to get ready and go to an event that same evening?

They don't expect you to attend. They are just marking you for destruction at Armageddon for not attending.

• blondie
    blondie

Here at home, sundown a few minutes ago, listening to PBS, The Great War. My grandfather was a Doughboy, his parents from Norway/Sweden in the 1890's.

Just had a nice dinner of pork chops, mushroom gravy, asparagus, and a piece of carrot cake baked by my husband.

A good evening

https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=d&d=LAH19181007.2.30

Bible Students and the newly minted Espionage Act

• blondie
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Every time I think about going because my immediate family is in I then think about all the victims of the cult and just can't or should I say won't go!

• Collen1963
    Collen1963

Delighted thats over!

Bad time of year for many as can be used by family members as an excuse to continue the abominable shunning and imparts a huge sense of smugness

Collen

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Everyone survived?

No one was crucified?

Whew, that was CLOSE.

• compound complex
    compound complex

As mentioned earlier, no one of JW kith or kin invited me. This is my first Memorial not making a showing. An initial twinge of guilt, not being a so-called self-starter.

Then, yesterday morning, I got the flu and was too sick to do anything, and certainly not able to drive.

A good night, otherwise, but there was not the delicious repast that Blondie and Irreverent enjoyed.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Nathan: I do not agree with the claim that "the rejection of blood transfusions is consistent with the rejection of the blood of Christ." Convince me.

Nathan, I have found someone who has written a bit about how the JWs view of Christ's blood is linked to their refusal of blood transfusions. The author touches somewhat on what I was trying to convey. Sort of...anyways.

(I just ignore details like getting the version of Bible wrong and things like that - I don't expect an 'outsider' writing about the WT to keep up with all its twists and turns and such - mistakes about details that don't effect the thrust of what is being said don't really count)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3934228/

Jehovah’s Witnesses are a group of non-conventional millenarist and fundamentalist Christians who believe literally the “Word of the Lord” reported in the Gideon Bible, which is a part of the actual Catholic and Reformed Protestant Bibles. They pay great attention to the last Book, called “Revelation”, and otherwise known as the “Apocalypse”. In the main body of the Bible, especially the Old Testament, there are words against the absorption of, or contact with blood, a widespread cultural thought among the Hebraic and ancient Judaic populations. This is in sharp contrast to the credence of conventional Christians, who value the salvaging power of the Holy Blood (of Jesus Christ) differently. All blood apart from Christ’s blood is considered by Jehovah’s Witnesses to be a vector of sin. In contrast to conventional Christians, they do not believe in the forgiveness of sins by confession or self-conscience examination. Sinning thus irremediably compromises the eternal life (of the soul). Jehovah’s Witnesses think that a very limited number (144,000) of believers will be saved, which is an infinitesimal proportion if one considers the number of human beings having ever existed on earth. Any compromise regarding sinning abolishes the rare chance of being saved: “What means 80 years of life on earth, i.e., in this valley of tears, compared to an eternity in paradise (as opposed to hell)?” One has to understand that this view is deeply entrenched among Jehovah’s Witnesses and they sincerely believe there is no matter of debate or compromise or otherwise there would be absolutely no chance for redemption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit