To those taking a stand and not attending the Memorial tonight

by doubtfull1799 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Who Will Bring Relief?

Paul explains that Christ’s spirit-anointed disciples have a special role in undoing the harm caused by Adamic sin. Jehovah “chose us in union with [Christ],” says Paul, to rule with Jesus in his heavenly Kingdom. Explaining this further, Paul says that Jehovah “foreordained us to the adoption through Jesus Christ as sons to himself.” (Ephesians 1:4, 5) Of course, Jehovah did not choose, or foreordain, them as individuals. He did, however, foreordain a class of faithful and devoted people who would share with Christ in undoing the harm that Satan the Devil, along with Adam and Eve, brought on the human family.—Luke 12:32; Hebrews 2:14-18.

What an amazing thing! In his original challenge against God’s sovereignty, Satan implied that God’s human creation was flawed—that given enough pressure or incentive, they would all rebel against God’s rule. (Job 1:7-12; 2:2-5) In a dramatic demonstration of “his glorious undeserved kindness,” Jehovah God in time showed his confidence in his earthly creation by adopting some from Adam’s sinful family to be his spiritual children. Those in this small group would be taken to serve in heaven. For what purpose?—Ephesians 1:3-6; John 14:2, 3; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 1 Peter 1:3, 4.

These adopted sons of God, says the apostle Paul, become “joint heirs with Christ” in his heavenly Kingdom. (Romans 8:14-17) As kings and priests, they will have a part in freeing the human family from the pain and suffering it now experiences. (Revelation 5:10) True, “all creation keeps on groaning together and being in pain together until now.” Soon, though, these specially chosen sons of God will follow Jesus Christ into action, and all obedient humans “will be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God” once again.—Romans 8:18-22.

Without the help of these adopted sons the benefit of the greatest gift that god ever gave to mankind, the ransom sacrifice even of his own son, would somehow not be effective.

Jesus ransom blood alone is not effective enough, there is needed some help of the 144.000.....

His ransom sacrifice provides the legal basis for Jehovah to adopt some of Adam’s descendants into his heavenly family and to relieve humankind of the consequences of Adamic sin, without undermining confidence in His laws and principles

Here the ransom is not the greatest gift to mankind but only a legal basis for Jehovah, legally necessary for 1. adopting some familymembers and 2) relieving the rest of mankind.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

My wife came back from the memorial and informed me she was moving out. Today she seems to be back to normal. I guess I could have gone just to appease her, but for once in my life I wanted not to cave to the pressure. Looks like I survived...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit