Ignorance of Watchtower doctrine among young JW's

by nicolaou 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The 12 Apostates
    The 12 Apostates

I would doubt that there have ever been many JWs of any age who are all that clued up on doctrine. Most don't really care about that sort of thing and rarely pay much attention at the meetings. Those who do care likely have a hard time keeping up anyway, since the doctrine changes all the time.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Those who do care likely have a hard time keeping up anyway, since the doctrine changes all the time.''

Doctrine changes all the time. It does. A book which I read a few months ago was ''Awakening a Jehovah's Witness'' by Diane Wilson.

She relates how the doctrine against vaccinations changed 180 degrees a couple of times. Also on organ transplants.

She also relates to her own experience. In the 1970's she gave birth to her 2 children. On the 2nd childbirth complications arose. The doctor explained to her that if she got pregnant again, her life could be at risk. The doctor told her that an operation could be performed to prevent such an ordeal. At the time, mid 1970s, the Borg prohibited such a procedure even if it meant life or death. Well, the Borg a decade later, mid 1980's WOULD ACCEPT such a procedure whether or not it meant one's life, or not!!

Their doctrines change all the time, it's really unfortunate that young ones are not fully aware of all of this.

• blondie
  • Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Most JWs don’t really have a clue what most of the doctrines are. I had an elder get pissed at me for informed him that Jesus wasn’t his mediator.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

My father who is in his mid 60’s looked me straight in the face and told me the society has never said that Jesus wasn’t his mediator. He made the comment “ what l load of rubbish”. To be honest I think he is better of believing that.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

These doctrines in the Borg change so often that the Dubbies don't even know what to think, or preach for that matter anymore. That's what the FreeMonique channel calls things on her channel. The 'fliptures'.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I think those of you who say this ignorance isn't limited to young JW's probably have a point.

Doctrine has become so unimportant it's almost a non-target. If JW's aren't in because of it they sure aren't going to leave because of it.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I actually believed the same when I was a member. It wasn't until I was waking up that it was pointed out to me on JWFacts.

I do think that most JWs still think this because lately the literature doesn't come out and so it so clearly. When in doubt, they refer to their website's FAQ which tiptoes around the issue and doesn't give a straight answer, instead explaining that there will be "worldly" people resurrected in the new system.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/who-saved/

Notice the question is worded about being "saved" not surviving Armageddon.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

As regards being 'saved' or 'surviving' Armageddon,

ask them,

''Do I need to be a Jehovah's Witness in order to be either 'saved' or 'survive' Armageddon?

If they answer truthfully then the answer is

''Yes, you do have to be a JW to be saved/survive '', which means only JW's will make it. The rest die.

If they answer with a lie then it's

''No, you don't have to be Jehovah's Witness to be saved/survive. We leave that to Jehovah to decide.''

My answer would then be,

''In which case what difference does it make whether I join you or not?''

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yes I agree. I made a post saying that I too "ignored"the uncomfortable "truths"that watchtower spouts, the biggest being what happens at Armageddon. I gave Micheal Jacksons video of "Earth song"as my example of how many JWs see Armageddon...dead animals and people reanimating and logged trees fixed and standing tall again, with pollution disappearing. War machines just kind of "vanish". Certainly no one dying on screen. I couldnt countenence people being killed but being "fixed" since I saw badness as illness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit