Ignorance of Watchtower doctrine among young JW's

by nicolaou 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It wasn’t until I started visiting apostate web sites that I realised the full extent of the overlapping generation. I also had never heard of UN, Beth Sarum, or the other multitude of scandles WT had embroiled itself in, before I came here.

The fact that "apostates" and those no longer in the religion know more about the religion than those who are still active is simple: that is why they left the religion.

After an in depth conversation about JW doctrine, an active believer said "If I knew as much about the Bible as you do then I'd already be an Elder". REPLY: "I used to be an Elder and if you knew as much about the Bible as I do, then you would no longer be a JW!"

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

I remember, several years ago, a "young" elder looked me straight in the eyes and asked me how I could have married with a person Jehovah would cut off when the end comes... Just because I married a non witness woman.

This kind of reflexion made me leave this high-loving truth (cult) several months later, without a little regret !

• The 12 Apostates
    The 12 Apostates

Young elders are so cute.

• sir82
    sir82

It's not just "young" JWs.

I'd say at least 60 or 70% of JWs would get a failing grade if given an exam on current JW doctrine.

Regarding the topic you talked about: the idea of a "loving" God slaughtering hundreds of millions of people whose greatest "sin" was rejecting the mumbled & barely audible "magazine presentation" of a surly JW teenager is so repulsive and abhorrent, most JWs make up their own doctrine to explain what Jehovah will "really" do.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I'd say at least 60 or 70% of JWs would get a failing grade if given an exam on current JW doctrine.

Is the 'Written Review' still a thing?

• Ding
    Ding

Often, we "apostates" know more about WT doctrine than current JWs do.

A high percentage of them are ignorant of the mediator issue, for example.

It would be interesting if someone would do a 2-column chart:

"What JWs believe" ....... "What the Watchtower really teaches"

• sir82
    sir82

Is the 'Written Review' still a thing?

Mercifully that is long since gone. I think it went out in the 90's, maybe even late 80s.

They had an "oral review" up until a few years ago.

"Oral review" always made me think of.....something else.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JW and many like her believe that only truly wicked people

will be killed at Armageddon - not innocent babies and children.

Wow that's going to leave hundreds of millions of babies without their mothers to care for them, leaving them for the save ones to look after.

That sounds like Paradise to me

Since JWs are the wicked ones (False Prophets ) who Jesus instructed to not listen to, that makes all JWS mothers and fathers dead and maybe all of their children as well.

Shame really.

JWS would be better off to leave the Watchtower Corporation and all of its sins, corruption and debauchery and reach out and stick close to Jesus, being loyal and obedient to him.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

How can any of us keep up on doctrine? Even if I believed the 2 generation crap I couldn't explain it at a door. That and some other things that keep changing, but are "right" would confuse anyone

• naomidangerlee
    naomidangerlee

I remember it well being told that if you didn't convert the parent/s then the innocent babies would die in Armageddon and their blood would be on your head, so many at the time with disfellowshipped children would desperately maintain a relationship to get at the grandchildren so they could 'raise them' in the religion so they wouldn't die, meanwhile telling the kids that they had to help convert mummy/daddy or they would die

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit