"The Bunker" WT Conventions 2016 (Gag Me)

by Poztate 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Almost makes me wish one would come to my door so I could say, "I'm not really interested in your message, but thank you, you must be very brave to come out of your bunker long enough to bring it to me."

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Back with the old scare tactics, there is no shame in their game. That's why the RF are taking

happy pills, it's nerve racking. The sky is falling!!! When? Any day now.

My poor JW family members, I understand the shunning they need help..

I will ask the next JW that come to door, have you built your bunker..

I also will go pass my JW elder brother home and if I see mounds of dirt in his yard I

will put my foot down and call the loony farm.

• hoser
    hoser
    I heard this as a jw kid in the 80s. I believe the persecution talk damaged my mental well being.
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

I recall the idea that we were supposed to stand still and see god's salvation, not hide out in bomb shelters because god was going to miraculously protect us.

I think if my parents were around today to see this type of manipulation and fear mongering, they would leave the cult as well.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To establish the JWS as god's chosen ones or organization, the WTS foretold that they would be persecuted for their preaching work.

Its just good old fashion fear mongering to create an recognized identity that they were true preachers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Scripture.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Poztate
    I recall in the late 1960's early 70's there was almost an obsession about torture, persecution and what that might involve. It seemed to be a morbid fascination at the time
    Absolutely, I was 10 in 1968. There were the Babylon The Great and Finished Mystery book studies, threats of persecution, rape and mayhem in Nazi concentration camps and later in Malawi, not to mention the whole 'Stay Alive 'til 75' craze. I had horrific nightmares into my mid-thirties and now have PTSD.

This IS outright child abuse, and my heart breaks for the children still in. The bunker mentality is deeply disturbing. 

Diane

• Gayle
    Gayle

The new WT building committee project? Must pay up-front in full, of course. Will build according to necessary schedule, soon, very, very soon, imminently, no later than the 'last hour" -- god's schedule proven and true.

http://atlassurvivalshelters.com/

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

The "bunker series". I almost want to go, just so after something crazy I can stand up like......"I'm out!". Take off the tie and be like that is too batshit for me.

But......I'd have to go to do that.

• Listener
    Listener

Postate, that is a good point about the couple being the same age.

They are, once again, predicting the future.

They are not giving a precise date but they are showing explicit details of what will happen in the future. They are no different to a fortune teller. I still can't believe that they have done this.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    they havent much else to be talking about apart from cuts in bethels and man power and magazines ,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit