I've had enough..

by raven 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

One cease and desist letter from an attorney should be enough to get them to leave you alone. Just one letter. It need not become any more of a 'legal matter' than that. It may be worth it, in the long run, to keep from being DFed and shunned.

I agree with this. If you find a kindly lawyer (they do exist), the fee needed would be well worth it.

I think moving homes will definitely help with getting rid of their ability to contact me. I will definitely take your advice on going through the post office to pick up mail.

Forget the post office. Get off of the grid. Get your bank statements and bills electronically. Use a friend's address in another town (than your new one) for driver's license and healthcare info (if applicable). Get a new phone number and do not give out your address, phone, or work to Mom. Create a throwaway email to stay in touch with Mom, but close it within a number hours, or else just message via a Mom-only facebook account.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb
    Worldling92 hours ago

One cease and desist letter from an attorney should be enough to get them to leave you alone. Just one letter. It need not become any more of a 'legal matter' than that. It may be worth it, in the long run, to keep from being DFed and shunned

>> I agree with Worldlng9. If they see any legal intention they will leave you alone.

• tiki
    tiki

Incinerate the letters and stop thinking about the toxic bunch. Ignore their pleas to help you "draw closer to Jehovah" what gall...they think they are capable of intervening in a relationship with the omniescent God of the universe??? They don't believe Jesus is the one leader and all of you are brothers...equals. If you believe scripture you have to see they are a pretty culpable cult.

Raven, just go on with a free and productive life...forget those charlatans.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

at this point I've figured it out, she is their spy in this

WOW! I think the rest of us had that figured out with your first post.

While I doubt that the elders would drive 100 miles and stalk you overnight to see if your partner stayed overnight with you, is it possible that your Mother and someone (2nd witness) would do so? If so, they have their two witnesses. Otherwise, I can see no means of them to have the required 2 witnesses to proceed with DFing you. My only concern is that typically they will not form a JC before having the "evidence" to take action. (But then a lot of elders are stupid and don't read the Flock Book and don't really necessarily follow "procedure". DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit