I've had enough..

by raven 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• bohm
    bohm

I think I would text them: "For personal reasons I can't attend the 15th. I will contact you when I can attend a the meeting". Then ignore them..

• just fine
    just fine
    Don't even respond. If you ever need anyone to send you anything do it through one of the post offices etc place. I moved also early in my fade and didn't give any of my family my address or phone. Gotta do whatever it takes to get untangled from this cult.
  • raven
    raven

JUSTFINE-

How did things work out after you moved? I think moving homes will definitely help with getting rid of their ability to contact me. I will definitely take your advice on going through the post office to pick up mail.. I would rather have it sent there than even risk the elders getting a hold of where I will be living. Were you able to get off of their radar by doing this?

• just fine
    just fine

It's been 18 years now (time flies). Moving helped a ton, if any witnesses called I just said I wasn't interested and closed the door. A few years after I moved someone from my old hall in another state showed up at my door, they had moved to my town and were working my street (what are the chances?) I was polite but firm and they came back a couple times, but my husband told them they were to leave me alone and they did. I have moved several times since then and haven't had any problems. For my parents - it took a while but we are on good terms now. My siblings not so much. I associate openly with my disfellowshipped relatives and dare anyone to say anything.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Go to the police and ask protection for harrasment.

• just fine
    just fine

I did go to the police for one of my relatives whom the elders were stalking. The sheriff went and talked to the offenders and they did not resume their surveillance, but my relative did get disfellowshipped anyway.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Raven

I was an elder for many years and served in other "positions" before the elder arrangement.

I can't think of any occasion while an elder on a judicial committee that we resorted to letter writing. I tried to avoid being involved in judicial issues if at all possible. The only time I was on a committee that we disfellowshipped someone was a disassociation.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Yes Raven I was an elder once. Lol. It was lonely at the top when you didn't agree with their self righteousness and conniving against people they didn't like. The "weak" ones in the congregation. What turds.

• flipper
    flipper

RAVEN- Sent you a PM with my views. Was out of town working, sorry for not seeing this until tonight . My PM typing from the keyboard was working better than on the thread for some strange reason. So please check your PMs . Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

One cease and desist letter from an attorney should be enough to get them to leave you alone. Just one letter. It need not become any more of a 'legal matter' than that. It may be worth it, in the long run, to keep from being DFed and shunned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit