So, will you be voting for Bush next time?

by czarofmischief 74 Replies latest social current

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

No, but just because I don't think Bush includes the little guy in his political equation. Nor do I think that democrats give a rat's ass. I think that all politicians belonging to the two big parties only care about the side issues (abortion, drugs, information control, policing the world). They never worry about us, the little guy. I wish we had a good third party candidate that I could vote for. At the very least, I'd give Dean a try if there wasn't anyone else out there. But Bush? As a man, he is respectable enough. But, I just don't think he cares about anyone but his cronies and his own political future.

On the other hand, Gore, the eternal idiot, would have been a horrible president.

And Nader? Who knows? The last election was a disaster. I hope this one is a lot better.

ash

• searchfothetruth
  • ashitaka
    ashitaka

Search,

That's another reason I'm not voting Bush. Can they just balance the budget already? They can keep the few odd dollars they added to my paycheck with this 'tax cut', and put towards balancing our budget so that oneday we don't have to worry about having a multi trillion dollar deficit.

ash

• Redneck
    Redneck
    Consider this your notice, the users Jayson and Redneck are henceforth (for redneck's who *may* be slow and do not comprehend English beyond the 3rd grade level, that means "from now on")

IGNORED.

Oh my. A person who posts under the username Redneck has insulted me. This has utterly demolished any iota of self-esteem I once possessed.

I enjoy the way you dont even know me there young man and still have the uhhhhh balls to insult me...

No, let's stick with diversion, speculation about my political affiliations, and ad hominem attacks.

Uhhhh Mr.Reborn the topic here is

Re: So, will you be voting for Bush next time?

NOT

issues I raised earlier concerning the economy, faith-based initiatives, waging a war based on fraudulent information, disrespect for the environment, etc.

Start ya on thread if thats what ya wanna do...

Now did you notice how this was done without insulting anyone..

• TR
    TR

I voted for W., and will vote for him again, unless what the czar said comes to pass.

TR- loves to hear the liberals whine, class

• George W Bush
    George W Bush

So many opinions so much to consider. I know that people who like women to be assertive always vote democrat because democrats love assertive women. Unless that woman is right wing

Liberals Change Stance on Independent, Assertive Women: "Ann Coulter is a Hag" The long-standing idea that independent and assertive women should be celebrated has come into question since Ann Coulter began using her outspoken nature to challenge and confront liberals. Many have come forward to denounce her pattern of being pushy and having her own opinion on things.

Said the gentle and soft-spoken Tom Daschle, "She is so confrontational. Why can't she a bit more demure, more like [Dianne] Fienstein or Hillary Clinton? And the thing with guns. Women with guns make me uncomfortable."

Said Presidential hopeful Dick Gephardt, "As smart as people say she is, you would think she would learn her place by now. Didn't they teach her anything in college?"

The only liberal who doesn't seem to have a problem with her strident views is Bill Clinton, who said of Coulter, "Oh yeah, I'd hit it."

• Jayson
    Jayson
    You take ONE author I have quoted from ONE of THOUSANDS of posts and base conclusions upon that?-Reborn

One author from the same thread that I submitted an author. Your author is a politcal activist for parties enemy to Rebublicans and any right wing ideology. I post a conservative authors opinion of liberal attitude and why liberals all act the way you they do. Both on the same thread. You can't stand to see right wing ideology or opinions on this little JWD forum but have no problem using this site as a pulpit to spread your liberal NOT MODERATE point of view.

I wonder just how bitter and twisted JWD people will become if/when Bush wins reelection?

Nevertheless, Jayson, your an asshole. Period. No way around it. I do not like you. I have never liked you.
    You and I do not see eye-to-eye, nor have we ever.-RebornRedneck blabbers:
    Oh my. A person who posts under the username Redneck has insulted me. This has utterly demolished any iota of self-esteem I once possessed. -Reborn

<yawn>

Reborns list of grevencies against Bush.

economy, faith-based initiatives, waging a war based on fraudulent information, disrespect for the environment, etc.-Reborn

economy

US Bureau says American recession is over

An American economic panel seen as the official arbiter of economic cycles says the US economy's recession ended in November 2001 after eight months.

The National Bureau of Economic Research said it concluded that the economy hit a "trough" in business activity in November 2001.

The Bureau says the trough marks the end of the recession that began in March 2001 and the beginning of an expansion.

The Bureau has for months declined to call an end to the recession, saying it needed more evidence of a retrenched recovery.

Although the US economy has been growing for six consecutive quarters, the Bureau says some factors, such as employment, remain weak.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/54199/1.ashx

What is the best campaign stratagy to win against him? Be serious this is to win the minds of American voters not to polerize them against you. Otherwise it's a plug for him.

I think that the one real weakness is unemployment in America. For all the talk little result is what I see. If it is worse, or not at least improving in a provable manner, I'll not vote for him. As long as there is someone else to vote for. (Remember my "voting in Iraq" thread. YIKES)

If he wins at least there is still term limits.-Jayson 6/20/2003

http://www.abc.net.au/ra/newstories/RANewsStories_904716.htm

faith-based initiatives

<http://www.hud.gov/offices/fbci/tkmatch.cfm>< http://www.hud.gov/offices/fbci/about.cfm>

If "Faith Based" programs help people then I am all for them. If they abuse taxpayers money then jail abusers and end them.

KEY DOCUMENTS President Bush's Faith-Based & Community Initiative

Rallying the Armies of Compassion
    The key document that laid out the vision

Unlevel Playing Field
    The much-anticipated report on barriers in our federal agencies to faith- and community-based groups - and what to do about them

Executive Orders
    Read the 2 documents that created the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiative and Centers for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives in 5 federal agencies

The CARE Act
    Read about the bill co-sponsored by Senators Lieberman & Santorum that seeks to leverage new resources for a broad range of community and faith-based groups

Faith-based and other grassroots groups are renewing America's communities every day. They provide publicly important services and offer invaluable help to those who need it most.

For this reason, HUD seeks to work more closely with them to help all Americans realize the dream of a decent and affordable place to live.

In particular we seek to engage faith-based and community-based organizations to help us:

The HUD Center for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives does not make grants. Rather, we are helping "level the playing field" at HUD by making it easier for smaller organizations, both religious and non-religious, to participate in our programs and hel p us achieve our mission.

waging a war based on fraudulent information

Refer to my conservative author that Reborn hates so much to understand.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/50669/37.ashx

disrespect for the environment

http://media38.fastclick.net/w/safepop.cgi?mid=16162&sid=9665&id=101686&len=346&c=45&nfcp=1

Why the Kyoto Protocol Is Bad News
    G. Russell Evans
    Captain, U.S. Coast Guard (Ret.)

Wednesday, June 12, 2002

Most people know by now that the Kyoto Protocol on global warming would have the effect of restricting and penalizing U.S. industry while exempting the heavy polluters – China, India and Mexico, and Third World countries.

But people probably don't know that it also could be an exercise in futility, because it just won't make much difference even after all the gyrations.

Implementation of the Kyoto restrictions would be bad news for the world:
    1. According to scientific facts known today, the actual averted warming would be inconsequential.

2. U.S. industry would be hobbled and the economy would be at risk.

3. A struggling U.S. economy would mean fewer grants to poor countries.

Blame America!

U.S. rejection of this highly touted, Al Gore-sponsored Protocol has become one more reason for our allies to blame America. Indeed, Kyoto and global warming were not even on the agenda for the European environment ministers confab in Banff, Alberta, in mid-April – but nevertheless, these topics virtually dominated every session, with the Americanos cast as the bad guys.

Our allies appear envious when our president acts to put America first – which he did by rejecting the Kyoto resolutions. The multi-nation European Union (EU) wants Europe first, understandably, but what is not understandable is their second-guessing and nitpicking of America's handling of the war on terror, after they united in bloc with the U.S. right after the Sept. 11 massacres.

Is it possible that they secretly want the Colossus of the North to crumble and fall so the European Union can become the world's super Colossus?

Group of Eight

At the Canadian meeting, we see the Group of Eight environment ministers slamming the U.S. for rejecting the Kyoto Protocol and its restrictions on greenhouse gas emissions – Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Japan and Russia, plus the United Nations, of course. They called the U.S. position "political maneuvers to preserve the energy-burning American lifestyle."

The EU environment commissioner, Margot Wallstrom, called the U.S. position to stand outside the Kyoto Protocol "a basic problem [that] makes the Protocol weaker."

The U.S. representative at that conference was Christine Todd Whitman, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) administrator. Unfortunately, she had very little rebuttal, according to reports. She did say that the Bush position "is not changing."

Global Warming Minuscule

Why didn't our EPA director have with her some top-notch expert, like Dr. Sallie Baliunas, astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics? Dr. Baliunas could have stunned these ministers with charts and data to prove a minuscule 0.06 degree Celsius temperature decrease over the next half-century with full implementation of the Kyoto requirements.

Instead, Mrs. Whitman took it on the chin – when she could have met every put-down with overwhelming evidence that Kyoto is no bargain.

Dr. Baliunas has many impressive credentials and honors, including chair of the Science Advisory Board of the George C. Marshall Institute.

Her assets, research and computer expertise make her an outstanding and respected authority in her field. In her computer simulations of climate, she uses data from various sources, including the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Cut 25 Percent

To meet Kyoto standards of carbon dioxide emissions by the year 2012, the U.S. would have to cut its energy use by about 25 percent, with the subsequent cost to the economy of almost $400 billion per year.

Increasing the number of nuclear plants and reducing the number of coal-burning plants could help meet the Kyoto standards, but no nuclear plants have been built in the U.S. in over 20 years, owing mainly to political influence.

As for windmills and solar power, the amount of energy would be relatively minute and its production intermittent. For example, to replace a 1,000-megawatt coal plant with a windmill farm would require 400 square miles of isolated land on which to place 2,000 windmills – all depending on a steady, stiff breeze.

The Facts

Dr. Baliunas reports the following facts about global warming, based on the best scientific research available today:
    • The content of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is increasing as we use more coal, oil and natural gas.

• These greenhouse gases absorb infrared radiation and thereby retain energy on Earth that would otherwise escape into space.

• Surface temperatures warm as the result of the small amount of energy arising from doubling the atmosphere's content of carbon dioxide.

• The main greenhouse effect, however, is a natural phenomenon caused by clouds and water vapor.

• Finally, the Earth's average increase in temperature would be only 1 degree Celsius for a doubling of the atmosphere's carbon dioxide content – a meager warming for such a profound increase in greenhouse gases and well within the range of natural variability.

Conclusions

Dr. Baliunas' conclusions debunk the Kyoto Protocol and the fears and accusations of Europe's environment ministers, as follows:
    • No global catastrophic warming is upon us – any warming will be minuscule.

• Human health and lifestyle have improved with the use of fossil fuels, and the resulting economy also has brought environmental improvements beneficial to health.

• Carbon dioxide from fossil fuels is needed by plants.

• Manmade global warming is relatively minor and slow to develop, thereby allowing time for better defining its effects and for developing cost-effective responses, if needed.

Kyoto Not Justified

The rapid cuts in carbon dioxide mandated by the Kyoto Protocol are not justified, according to the best available scientific research, conscientiously reported by Dr. Baliunas.

If EPA chief Whitman had been armed with the Baliunas report, she would not have needed to make the concessions she did, namely, that the U.S. would cut greenhouse gases by 18 percent by the year 2017. Perhaps such reaction is good diplomacy, but why pussyfoot?

Protesters at the Canadian meeting, dressed as endangered owls, and the environment ministers need to do their homework on global warming.

Meanwhile, we can thank President Bush for doing his homework and taking a timely and determined stand against these drastic demands of the internationals.

Benjamin Disraeli, Britain's prime minister (1868, l874-l880), said: "Nations have no friends, only interests."

Capt. Evans is a columnist and the author of five books, including "Death Knell of the Panama Canal," a study of the Chinese takeover of the canal. Click here to read his short biography.

Ect...

Yada yada yada,,, vote for whoever you want to.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Of course I will vote for him.

• George W Bush
    George W Bush

Calif. Dem Says Clinton, Not Bush, Deserves Credit for Hussein Kills

In the four days since U.S. forces succeeded in tracking down and killing Uday and Qusay Hussein, elected Democrats have been noticeably reluctant to praise President Bush for a job well done.

But at least one Democrat has now stepped up to the plate to give credit where he says credit is due – to former President Bill Clinton.

Asked Friday night if he thought President Bush did a good job in taking out the brutal duo, Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Calif., told Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes," "When President Clinton put together a magnificent military and handed it over to Bush, that's the person who deserves our credit."

Pressed by an incredulous Sean Hannity on why he refused to credit Bush, Sherman said he would only do so "if you can show me where you congratulated – or whether Bush congratulated – President Clinton on whatever successes we had, and especially on the magnificent nature of what he turned over to him."

Reminded that Clinton-era defense cutbacks had drastically reduced troop strength and readiness, the California Democrat bristled.

Sherman then proceeded to give Clinton overall credit for victory in Iraq, explaining that he did a "great job ... creating a military that was deployed [and] was in fine shape when President Bush took over."

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Hell yeah, I'd vote for him. For 3 reasons:

1. He's actually doing something with Iraq instead of launching a few missles here and there unlike certian presidents I could think of.

2: The alternatives are still living in a pre 9-11 world. Howard dean is a dove when we honestly cannot afford to have war doves. Kerry is a stealth dove. Look what having war doves did in the previous administration. Like "W" said, military and Intelligence cutbacks. We cannot afford to lose any more national landmarks, even if they did do us a favor and attacked DC.

3: When all is said and done, the economic downturn was an outgoing Clinton problem. Don't believe me?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/columnists/wickham/wick070.htm

4: Ultimately, all the heat Bush is getting are from Liberals being disenfranchised. Other than that, he's attacking real issues that have been hurting us for the longest time, overtaxation and national defense. All the alternatives have are Veitnam War era politics in War Against Terror times.

I will vote for the man. I would have voted for Gore the first time GWB was up for the presidency, except I was still a dubbie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit