So, will you be voting for Bush next time?

by czarofmischief 74 Replies latest social current

• patio34
    patio34

It's very hard to answer the question with the emphasis it deserves. It would be easy to write much about my reasons for my answer. It would be appropriate to resort to hyper descriptions of emotions behind it. But it's a simple yes or no question and I don't want to get on a soapbox. So, here's my answer:

No.

It may save thousands of lives to have a different president. I don't understand the rationale of his supporters in light of his . . . never mind. Just "no."

Pat

• seawolf
  • George W Bush
    George W Bush

More bad news for the Democrats.

Despite charges that the Bush administration exaggerated or deceived the nation to make its case for war in Iraq, the majority of Americans still trust the president. Sixty percent of them say that Bush impresses them as a trustworthy person—the same number who responded this way during his early months in office. A total of 56 percent think he did not purposely mislead the public about evidence that Iraq possessed banned weapons-a rise of three percent from mid-July.

Most Americans—72 percent—also see the president as someone who is able to get things done, up 12 percent since he first took office in 2001. Almost half of Americans—49 percent—would like to see him reelected.

The NEWSWEEK poll was conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates, which interviewed by telephone 1,002 adults aged 18 and older on July 24 and 25, 2003. The margin of error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Despite Iraq’s continuing instability, 68 percent of Americans believe that the United States did the right thing when it took military action against that country. Most of those polled—62 percent—believe that the nation is safer because the threat of Iraq is gone and the United States has indicated to other countries that it will use military force, if necessary, to protect its interests.

Note the difference between Bush's poll numbers and Clinton's. Clinton wasn't trusted, yet he had high approval ratings. Bush, despite the accusations against him, still trust him. They might not agree with everything he does, but they still trust him to do the right thing.

Just wait until we get Saddam. The lefties are screwed.

• Jayson
    Jayson

I'd vote for him twice just to hear liberals whine again.-DR

Thankfully just like everyone else you only get one vote.of the just loves to see liberals going down on themselves when they don't get their way class

Just because you are against many of the policies which George W. Bush incorporates then you are a bleeding heart liberal? Your generalizing and this is inappropriate.

Then again, whomever actually believes that your vote counts? I discussed this topic months ago and outlined facts to support my statements so I will merely repost links to those threads instead of taking up bandwidth reiterating the relevant points. Anyone truly interested can read for themselves.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/43347/605304/post.ashx#605304

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/43347/1.ashx

Nonwithstanding issues brought up regarding disrespect for the environment, a shitty economy, implementation of "faith-based" initiatives despite the clear and concise speech in the Constitution outlining seperation of church and state, allowing his personal belief in Jeezus Khrist to guide him when making decisions banning potentially radical research such as stem-cells, and a war waged under false pretenses with bad intelligence presented as fact to incite support for a war where WMD are not found and US troops are killed...

I'd say plenty of issues and not just Anti-Bush rhetoric. Then again, Dakota only resurfaces on this website he claims to hate when it involves a political thread so he can spam right-wing rhetoric. I wonder why that is?

(waiting to be flamed by him anytime now)

Either you last post regarding the candidates was a joke or you are ill-informed and receiving your information from a skewed right-wing perspective.
    I am not necessarily saying I support any of the above, but for you to post nonsense claiming that this is what legitimate Democrats are offering as candidates who will actually make it past primaries demonstrates the foolishness of the website you got your information from. Then again, your post has Rush Limbaugh at the bottom as a potential write-in candidate. Your post speaks for itself.

Redneck-My what an appropriate username. Anyhow...DakotaRed made it clear in other threads that he holds contempt for this website. When welcomed back by other posters he made it clear that he has not returned, yet he finds it in his heart to post on every single political thread with a right-wing perspective insulting others and accusing them of being liberals or antiBush etc.If you actually took the time to look back through threads and read my comments, you would know I am a moderate, and do not support liberals anymore than I do conservatives. I merely point out hypocrisy when I see it.Perhaps if you knew the facts, your comments would have merit. As it stands currently, they do not.

Reborn it must make you feel so smart to insult those who posts anything that is contrary to your Bush hate reteric. Yes! You hate the man and everything that he stands for. I get it! The whole freaking board gets it! No matter who runs against him you will vote for them, clear as mud reborn. You, and many others are so full of hate whoever it is against Bush you are with them. I might be voting against him too. But, I will wait and see if, or who, there is that are viable alternatives officially running first. Thus far nobody of value is officially running imo. The Democrats are a bunch of clusterfreaks who's whole bandwagon is if you are against Bush vote for us and, um, send us your money. Christ, or "Jeezus Khrist" (as you make sure to insult all Christians) with your little "bandwidth" comment you are so full of vengence for anyone contrary to your point of view you still have to attack me; Even if I stay off the thread and don't comment you are sure to get a dig. I'm sick of your insults Reborn. You want a flame war? Why... Why can't you give your points without insulting everyone. Even people who do not comment on the thread? Grow the fuck up man.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Absolutely!

Oh, and the Commission couldn't come up with one shred of evidence that anyone in Florida was "disenfranchised" another load of liberal garbage.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I wasnt aware that anyone voted for him in the first place.

I didnt vote last time, but I'm registering this next election, just so I CAN vote against him

• George W Bush
    George W Bush

Speaking of voting I found it interesting when I came across this article.....

Bill Clinton Declares California Residency

(2003-07-24) -- William Jefferson Clinton, a professional public speaker, said today that he is officially a resident of the state of California. Mr. Clinton said his move "is" unrelated to the gubernatorial recall election coming up this fall.

"I've always been a Californian in my heart," said Mr. Clinton. "Although I had not heard of the recall situation, I am, of course, a servant of the people. Let the will of the citizens be done."

• Redneck
    Redneck

Jayson,

Thanks that pretty much said what I was going to say..

Reborn ,

Call me slow there but why is my name so appropriate?

If you actually took the time to look back through threads and read my comments, you would know I am a moderate, and do not support liberals anymore than I do conservatives. I merely point out hypocrisy when I see it.

Perhaps if you knew the facts, your comments would have merit. As it stands currently, they do not.

I refer ya back to Jaysons post..I may not post alot but I do read the posts daily..Maybe you should review your posts , and you would see that you are not moderate...And so what if DR calls a spade a spade..I don't understand why ya think you would be worthy of flaming anyway?...I thought everyone was allowed an opinion..Get over yourself
  • George W Bush
    George W Bush
    Reborn ,

Call me slow there but why is my name so appropriate?

Well Redneck I believe that's one of those darn uncivilized remarks that Simon doesn't let Dakota make around here lest he be kicked off the site again.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    And so what if DR calls a spade a spade..I don't understand why ya think you would be worthy of flaming anyway?...

If reborn is waiting for or expecting his butt to be flamed, he'll have better luck standing over a taller candle.

Welcome, George W. Bush, nice to see sensibility. I'm glad Mrs. Bush let you play with you computer tonight. Good job, by the way, you got my vote and this time, the military absentee ballots will be counted too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit