C.T. Russell's grave vandalized

by RR 40 Replies latest jw friends

• donkey
    donkey

I wonder where old Gravedancer is...

• RR
    RR

Reborn, funny that you quote Watch Towers AFTER his death, he didn't write theor later 'Towers or "The Finished Mystery"

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Is it morally wrong to piss on Russell's grave?

I don't think taking a piss on his grave would be wrong.

I would veiw it more as a symbolic jesture that is rich in meaning .

I wouldn't make a special trip to piss on his grave but if I was close by I would find it very tempting, maybe not doing the actual pissing at the sight but perhaps bringing a vial filled with piss and just dumping it on the stone.

I know some here would find it revolting, and I respect that.

• gumby
    gumby

Were Russell ressurected today, and if he could see the Organisation that has developed since his day, would he want to go back to his grave? I don't think his intentions were to create the monster it has become.

As for desecrating someones grave..........and we could put Rutherford in his place for this topic, then I could easily use Rutherfords grave to dump my dogshit into.

Gumby

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I've been up to the grave. It's near my fiancee's house. Back during my spiritual crisis I would go up there in the middle of the night, sit, and talk drunk talk to dead C.T. Russell. He never objected. Those pictures were neat - engraved ceramic photographs. I really haven't seen anything like it anywhere else.

I would have stolen them if I'd thought of it. And yes, the Masons who have the big lodge right next door will probably fix it up again.

Oh well.

CZAR

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

RR:

When I read some of the Russell era stuff, I was surprised to learn that if you pray hard enough, Jehovah might turn you into a white man!...lol

Expatbrit

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I hope it was stupid kids and not some overzealous ex-JWs.

Unlikely to be the ex's - Russell's grave is a great reminder of where this religion really all started. It'd bound to be zealous Dubs, if it is a calculated attack and not just idiotic vandalism.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I vote for the drunk teenager theory. You can always blame teenagers for everything!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I don't know who vandalized his grave, but I do know that lots of Jewish graves are vandalized by Neo Nazi's in Europe - painting swastika's aso.

I am not sure but once I read that Hitler has no grave - thus preventing both: vandalism and making it a monument for Neo Nazi's.

• waiting
    waiting

I vote either for over-zealous jw's who want to do away with evidence of their original leader's strangeness......

or on stupid teenagers - I knew some in hs who thought nothing of getting drunk & kicking over gravestones, etc. Nothing.

or someone who realized that they could turn around and sell those pictures on ebay in a couple of years (or private sale) for a hefty profit.

Personally? Don't care.

watiing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit