C.T. Russell's grave vandalized

by RR 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL

I will agree with you that there are no moral absolutes

However since many people tend to get enraged when the topic of moral absolutes comes into play, I will now remove myself from this discussion.

Poor old Chucky got his grave vandalized. Tis a shame.

• donkey
    donkey

lmao@Reborn

• blondie
    blondie

Is this a red herring? Maybe "respect" is the wrong word. I would at least recognize that the grave is someone else's property and respect their ownership.

If Osama bin Laden had killed my husband, I still wouldn't desecrate Osama's grave. I might want to put him in it though....

Blondie

• donkey
    donkey

Blondie....

Precisely. Respect has nothing to do with it. It is a question of law and ownership. Respect is earned - some people don't deserve it whether dead or alive.

Jack

• minimus
    minimus

oh, I now see. Vandalizing C.T. Russell's grave was not showing disrespect. Thank you for helping me see the point.

• donkey
    donkey

Vandalizing his grave was criminal.

If vanadlizing his grave was legal would you do it? I would probably take a bulldozer to it and remove it.

Jack

• minimus
    minimus

No donkey. I wouldn't. I have to wonder what's wrong with people who think it's alright to do.

• teejay
    teejay

Jason,

If I've said it once, I've said it a couple of times (): you are one cool mofo.

• RR
    RR

So, Donkey, because you didn't know the man you don't respect him? I didn't know the man personally, I have read his writings, agree with much of it and respect the man for hat he accomplished, the fact remains, what was done, no matter what the reason, is just plain WRONG!

RR

• donkey
    donkey
    I have read his writings, agree with much of it and respect the man for hat he accomplished

So because YOU agree with much of his writings and because YOU respect Russell for his accomplishements - now I have to also? I happen to think he was the cause for a social genocide among millions of people who followed the crap he wrote. But we can debate that another time. For now think outside the box and let's start with an extreme example:

Hitler ordered the deaths of millions of Jews (well not according to some other nutballs who are no longer posting here). Should he be given the "respect" of having a gravesite? Afterall some people did respect him...what do you think?

Jack

Note: I did agree that since it is illegal to vanadlize gravesites I do NOT support the actions of the perps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit