C.T. Russell's grave vandalized

by RR 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I don't want to pre-judge; maybe they viewed it as a souvenir or relic? Bottom line, however, is that it was not their pictures to take. But, it seems to me, that a person who can take what doesn't belong to him from a grave will not stop there. He will take whatever he wants, wherever he wants, whenever he wants.

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

I sincerely doubt the vandalism makes any difference to mr russell. only survivors/family who have a love and respect for him would likely care. whomever the perps are had a need to physically express themselves. i hope they feel better.

• shotgun
    shotgun

I've had varied thoughts about C.T Russell since reading most of his books....I did get the feeling he was genuine in his caring for those who wanted to put faith in Jesus and he more that any other JW president left many things not all up to personal decision.

Many of his ideas were messed up but to mess up his grave does nothing of any value other than some passing satisfaction given to probably a teenager. Who knows maybe its a person who has had his life ruined by JW doctrines.......

I was wondering where Rutherford is buried? Or was he so well preserved from alcohol he's propped in someone's closet.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Shotgun,

According to some, Rutherford is buried in the back yard of Beth Sarim. In the article entitled "Beth Sarim: A Monument to a False Prophet and to False Prophecy" scroll down to "Rutherford's death and burial." Interesting reading.

http://www.equip.org/free/DJ564.htm

• RR
    RR
    I happen to think he was the cause for a social genocide among millions of people who followed the crap he wrote. But we can debate that another time. For now think outside the box and let's start with an extreme example:

Well, there you have it, apparently Mr. Donkey blames his life's anguish on Pastor Russell. A man who had no direct contact with teh JW's a man who were he alive today would no doubt be treated as a leper by the very people who claim him as their founder. Read his writings Donk, you'd be surprised what you'd learn.

• Simon
    Simon

The things that Russel taught are a long way removed from most of the teachings that we hold te WTS accountable for.

There was no concept of shunning for instance - people could join and leave as they wanted. It was really Rutherford who turned the WTS into a domineering organisation.

He had his faults but I don't think it benefits anyone showing the type od "lack of respect" which most people in our society expect to be show to the dead and buried.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    Read his writings Donk, you'd be surprised what you'd learn.

LOL. Yeah, despite the fact that the organization that went by the name of Jehovah's Witnesses was not founded until after his death, his principal teachings instructed those who would later branch off and become the Watchtower Society.

What would you learn? That he was another grade A nutjob who arrogantly felt he was sent by the Lord to be the Laodicean Messenger and the Faithful and Discreet Slave? Or how about being convinced that the Pyramids in Egypt held hidden meaning within the Bible? Hell, a tombstone of a pyramid is at the gravesite unless it has been vandalized also.

"The Watch Tower" (12/1/1916) P. 5998"Pastor Russell held closely to the Scriptures. He believed that Christ had been present since 1874. He also admitted in private to being that "Faithful and Wise Servant".
    "The Watch Tower" (12/15/1916) P. 6024"To disregard the message received through Pastor Russell would mean disregard for the Lord."

"Studies", Vol 4, p.613"The 'Faithful and wise servant' is one man."
    "Studies", Vol 7, p.3"...Charles Taze Russell was the messenger of the Church of Laodicea."
    "Studies", Vol 7, p.5"...the messenger of the Laodicean Church - "that wise and faithful servant" of the Lord - Charles Taze Russell."
    "Studies", Vol 7, p.487"the Lords faithful and wise steward, Pastor Russell."
    "The Watch Tower" (3/1/1917) P. 6049"The Watch Tower unhesitatingly proclaims brother Russell as "that faithful and wise servant"
    "The Watch Tower" (11/1/1917) P. 6159"The Scriptures indicate that Russell was chosen of the Lord from his birth. The two most popular messengers were Paul and Pastor Russell. Russell is the "servant" of Matthew 24:45-47.""The Watch Tower" (3/1/1922) P. 74"Fulfilled prophecy - or physical facts - and the circumstantial evidence are conclusive proof that Russell filled the office of that "Faithful and Wise Servant."

alt

alt

alt

alt

for further information visit:

http://www.freeminds.org/history/cemetary.htm

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I think it was not an XJW but just some kids that probably laughed so hard when they read the Tombstone, that they thought it would funny to desecrate it.

• minimus
    minimus

I don't care much for Russell either,. but I wouldn't feel that it was proper or acceptable to desecrate his gravesite. I really can't understand why mature persons would want to do damage like this if they could. Is there so much hate against the man or the organization that claims him as their founding father, that it can justify such behavior?

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

A big old pyramid makes Russells grave stone a likely target for teenage vandilism. And add to this the nonsense that is written on that stone and it makes it even more irresistable to a group of boys playing in a grave yard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit