Witness sayings

by Teela 95 Replies latest jw friends

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

oh my god this thread CRACKED me up...i can't believe how many of them i'd forgotten in just three years out! some of my favorites (and theyve probably already been mentioned, but i can't resist):

*houeholder

*the appointed time is near

*"fine" (everything is always fine: fine witness, fine example, fine works/acts/deeds...)

*witness

*fruitage

*"love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness and self-control" (i can't BELIEVE i was able to dredge that one up)

*this good news of the kingdom

EVERY SINGLE prayer i ever recall began with:

*"jehovah god, we humbly come before you now..." ...is that really necessary? if youre humble, don't you think god will have a clue? he's GOD. he KNOWS. give it a REST.

*calling answers "comments"

*"hospitality" (i dont have a problem with the word itself, but in my congregation they called having the CO and his wife over for lunch at your house "hospitality", and it was a big privelege and everything, and as a kid i always hated it because you were supposed to showcase your bible knowledge, and it was always embarrassing)

*youths (call them children! quit calling them "youths" it sounds so stupid!)

i'm sure there are a billion more, but that's my contribution for now :)

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

"Would it really be fitting.....?"

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

aw man i forgot "new system" and "faithful and discreet slave." those were oldies but goodies.

• razorMind
    razorMind

Gads!!!

How I forget that all-time youth classic,

"LIVING A DOUBLE LIFE"?!?!?

• razorMind
    razorMind

Crappity-crap! A couple more:

"Counsel"..."Counseled"...."In counsel"...being "counseled"

"Biblical admonition"

"We would do well to heed the Bible's wise counsel..."

• Bonnie
    Bonnie

EPHESIANS 6:1

"CHILDREN BE OBEDIENT TO YOUR PARENTS IN UNION WITH THE LORD FOR THIS IS RIGHTEOUS."

I GOT SICK TO DEATH HEARING THIS SCRIPTURE QUOTED...WHEN I WAS 9YRS OLD I EVEN HAD TO WRITE IT OUT 100 TIMES ON PAPER BECAUSE I HAD TAKEN 2 COOKIES OUT THE COOKIE JAR...I WAS STARVIN AND MY MOTHER WASN'T HOME TO MAKE DINNER..MY STEP- FATHER CAUGHT ME. I JUST MADE SURE I DIDNT GET CAUGHT AFTER THAT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit