Witness sayings

by Teela 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Teela
    Teela

As I was growing up in the Troof. There were sayings used over and over again to control my behaviour. The biblical on “ bad associations spoil useful habits” and another on “Just because everyone else does it doesn’t mean you have to do it to, would you jump off a cliff just because other people do” What were the sayings that bugged you??

• Gopher
    Gopher

This one bugged me:

"If you don't understand something the faithful slave teaches, research the publications. If that doesn't help, just pray for greater understanding. Or wait for the Society to come out with further clarification."

I heard that a number of times, from the stage and from the pages of the Watchtower. They thus could make their followers believe almost anything. Hail the masters of confusion!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

"Wait on Jehovah"

The word, "Glean"

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Jehovah's undeserved kindness.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jehovah's CLEAN organization.

Jehovah's LOVING organization.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

not just a jw saying but the word "wholesome" said of course in such a wholesome tone of voice...bleccccchhhhhhh

• Odrade
    Odrade

"There are bad associations even in the congregation/Bethel."

"Food at the proper time"

New light

Present truth

• blondie
    blondie

happifying

Jehovah's people are the happiest people on earth.

overcomers

voluntary donations (an oxymoron like there are forced donations)

They're imperfect men.

Where the need is great

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    voluntary donations (an oxymoron like there are forced donations)

Wouldn't that actually make it a redundancy, rather than an oxymoron? (Sorry, had to.)

One that I always hated was: "I don't tell anyone in the congregation about my entertainment choices, so as not to stumble them." What that actually meant, of course, was: "I'd rather be a hypocrite, instead of facing the wrath of all the judgmental gossips who would twitter about how 'unspiritual' I am..."

• smack
    smack

Dross Who thinks up this shite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit