Spells, Wiccans, and Witchcraft

by SpunkyChick 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The Druids emerged from the ancient Celtic tribes, at a time when the people had to live close to nature to survive.

The first freemasons were Druids. The name or title “freemason” was adopted by Druids as a means of protection. Many were masons and worked among masons. There is only guesswork as to how “free” was adopted making the transformation to “freemason” there are a few theories such as freedom from persecution etc. but no absolute. When they crossed over to North America they branched out due to conflicts of interest in how they should continue to practice the craft and what the craft should represent.

There is a connection between Freemasonry and Wicca that goes back thousands of years. Like everything else, except Jehovah’s Witnesses of course, there are now many branches of everything and depending on what branch one affiliates ones self with may or may not determine what one learns.

some were herbalists.

My mother is an herbalist

2 of her brothers are Master Mason's but one has past away.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ravyn

Checking out Austin Spare, i noticed that he died in poverty. How do you account for that end result (poverty), when he is supposed to have been very powerful? Should not attaining a reasonable standard of living have been an easy thing for him? Or did he prefer poverty? These are honest questions

SS

• rem
    rem

There is a connection between Freemasonry and Wicca that goes back thousands of years

Maybe there is a connection between Freemasonry and Witchcraft that goes back thousands of years, but I doubt there is an ancient connection with Wicca, seeing that Wicca is younger than the Jehovah's Witness religion.

rem

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

hey SS, I really don't know about Spare's personal life. All I could guess at would be the eventual corruption that power brings in so many instances.

I have money problems too. It seems that you can only have one or the other....you know? love or money. Whenever I have had enough money in my life I did not have love and vice versa. I think that when someone is capable of generating the higher levels of power that the human organism degenerates---either because of age(it takes a lifetime to achieve that) or because of the drain on it from the energy work. I do know that Austin Spare believed in reincarnation and that energy once living never dies per se, so maybe it just did not mean anything to him to be rich AND powerful.

Ravyn

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    seeing that Wicca is younger than the Jehovah's Witness religion.

where ever did you get that idea that wicca is younger then JW relogion? wicca is probably the oldest form of religion in existance.

The tree of life in the Bible probably originated with wicca.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I don't see anything wrong with Wicca. You get jolly useful stuff like baskets and chairs out of it.

Expatbrit

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    wicca is probably the oldest form of religion in existance.

ummm, I hate to disappoint or upset you but I'm afraid not.

Wicca is a modern attempt to re-create the spirit and beliefs of pre-Christian cultures. It used to be (10-20 years ago?) common for some Wiccans to claim that Wicca as it is today, has an unbroken history going back thousands of years (Gardner tried to claim that when he put things together), but it has been pretty clearly proved to be untrue. The majority of Wiccans I know accept this. Scholarship wins out over myth, I'm afraid.

Most Wiccans I know who strongly believe in Wicca's "ancient" history, don't even practice Gardnerian Wicca, they are eclectics.

Animism or animatism would be the oldest form of religion. For unbroken lineage of myth and practice, you'd probably have to go to Australia.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Gardnerian Wicca

LOL! @Gardner! Gardners so called teachings mean very little to me.

I will not argue with you regarding it's origin. It is true that in recent years it has become popular and obtaining varius degrees and even scholarships and or certificates as even ordained ministers is not difficult in fact you need not even know what your talking about and many unfortunately do not.

but it has been pretty clearly proved to be untrue. The majority of Wiccans I know accept this. Scholarship wins out over myth, I'm afraid

LOL!to funny.

I really couldn't care less what you think you know for a fact, but you are in no position to tell me I am wrong. However, if it makes you happy then by all means go right ahead.

• rem
    rem

Plmkrzy,

It's like saying the Church of Latter Day Saints is ancient because they try to link their teachings in with the ancient Jews or because Christianity in general is pretty old. Sure you could argue that, but it's not a very compelling argument. Wicca was invented in the 1950's, I believe. Many of the rituals and beliefs may have more ancient origins, but Wicca itself is extremely young.

rem

• lurk
    lurk

as far as i understood history an stuff ive seen on witches

the name wicca/wicce (m/f) was pronouced witcha in anglo saxon not wikka which is the modern way of saying it. from anglo saxon witcha you get the word witch ...the name witch was generally used by the church ,the holy rollers and even the early and later medical proffesion , to label any herbal practioner ,midwife and any prosumptious woman evil etc etc because

1) they were jealous ,

2) they were in charge abit like the WTS

3) illness was suppose to be a judgement from god so to heal it ment you must be on satans side which is where it got its black satanic link from.

4) to be anything but a groveling christian must mean your on satans side

i dont know anything else.as for satanic witch craft i think thats just buying in to the churchy later historical perspective ,hollywood ,anton levey,and that other bloke known as the beast (i cant remeber his name ) and all that codswollap . the beast who really did do some bad stuff including killing ppl bought in to the same codswallop and wrecked his own life as he later admitted not long before he died didnt stop him though.

if theres any power out there im pretty sure its not at the beck and call of disaffected ppl looking for excitement in their life.

the only ppl that do bother me is a group whose name i dont know but ive heard of them via a bloke who did a radio interview trying to warn ppl .

they belive in satan not as devil worshippers do but as a real being who only has a short time to do as much damage as possible . to have revenge on humnas while he has time.(thats about the gist of it, i take it its a satan thing )

thier job apparently is to cut of as many ppl as possible from the light.ive heard they live like you and me nice ordinary everyday ppl with kids who get into your life and do what ever it takes to cause you to commit gross sins.so that you cause your own down fall.

the reason they are scary is .there are ppl out there worming thier way in to ppls homes ..holding childrens parties inviting your kids over becoming your best friends etc etc etc.now that is weird. to me and scary .you dont need magic with those ppl just a will to wreck lives,that to me is real evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit