Goodbye to the Board

by dedalus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Dedalus, Your posts have been enjoyed by many - may your life be enriched by your experiences here.

cheeses - who is thinking "Is this Board all there is to life?" (wasn't there a dub book with a similar title?)

• cat1759
    cat1759

Dadelus,

Good luck!!! The future awaits. Catch that ellusive rainbow in your dreams and hang on for the ride. Your life isn't stagnant, just growing. I just came back this past week and it has been so interesting for me.

The way you saw things the day you gave your letter to the brother brought tears to my eyes. Most of us have known the older ones who were always willing to share apart of their lives with us and their experiences in the hopes that we would grow and share. The truly kind ones and for those memories you brought back to me were truly treasures in my life.

Blessings to you and your family!

Cathy

• Fleur
    Fleur

I'm sorry for resurrecting (no pun intended) such an old...no...ancient post...but I was wondering...does anyone know where to find Dedalus? I tried the last email address i had for him and it's not valid anymore.

If anyone can get a message to him, that his 'little sister' Essie would sure love to catch up with him, I would appreciate it. Or if anyone has an email they're willing to share, I'd be grateful.

This year, I'm all about making sure people who have made a major difference in my life know it. I need to get in touch with Dedalus to fulfill that.

Thanks for any help, if you have it.

Essie

• LDH
    LDH

Sorry, don't have it. Never did see this thread three years ago either. So many old names.

Sometimes I wonder if hanging out as an 'oldie' is helpful to newbies or not....

Lisa

• Fleur
    Fleur

((((((LDH)))))

I know what you mean. I guess I'm just haunted right now, I don't know why exactly. I came across a long, old letter from Dedalus tonight, and I wanted to tell him how far I've come, I guess. To thank him. But I don't know if I'll ever get the chance.

I hate that I lost track of him...I wonder how his little family is doing...

I'm feeling kinda obsolete tonight, you know what I mean??? Like I maybe have outlived my usefulness in this arena...I miss the people who have gone on, I think that's why I came back here most recently, to try to find out where they've gone. But I guess even if I don't find them, at least I can leave this here, in case they, in this case Ded, comes back.

Somehow, I dont' think he will tho.

Too late for me to be posting....time to get to sleep. Hugs, and thanks for replying even though you don't know where to find him. Maybe someone will.

love,

essie

• Gill
    Gill

That was beautiful, Dedalus!

I don't suppose you'll read this thread now. But perhaps one day, we'll all get to just turn our backs and walk away from the ruins of th eWTBTS!

I hope you're having a great life, wherever you are!

Gill

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This really makes me sad. Is is healthy to leave boards like that and move on. But you lose a lot of people you are used to read over the years. I also posted on h20 and should be away by now. But I cannot. :-(

• trevor
    trevor
    I won’t be posting on this forum anymore, won’t even be lurking...

Dedalus

By saying that you are leaving and will never post again, you are making a rule for yourself ,which you are now under pressure to keep. If you break the rule you will then have to ask yourself many questions and justify your change of mind. Isn’t that what we tried to get away from?

What we deny ourselves we end up craving - then energy is used to resist. That energy can work against us and make us want to do the thing we could have stopped, if we had just moved to a state of indifference towards the thing we had once enjoyed.

You are free to come and go at will, why limit your freedom? I hope you call in now and then.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Well put, Trevor.

There are some places in [real] life that I rarely visit anymore, but I don't begrudge myself the ability to do so if I should wish.

On a recent road trip I drove past the place where I learnt to drive. It made me a little melancholy, thinking of the years that have passed and the people who I've lost track of, but it was an experience in itself to be cherished.

The day I can't feel is the day I'm dead...

...besides, swan-songs are so corny

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    besides, swan-songs are so corny

I have to agree w/ LT. I always wondered by people did that. Almost as a way to get attention? Or do they feel that they owe a duty to those on the board? I guess I am all about the slow fade regardless of what it is.

Also, I agree w/ the poster who said it seems like more of the "I am done, therefore I am gone mentality". Again, more black and white. Is it all or nothing? I cannot imagine it is so. But then again, I am all about the shades of gray, as it has been my favorite color all along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit