Goodbye to the Board

by dedalus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

well its sad if anyone leaves here. Good luck.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Essie did get in touch with me. Hearing from her prompted me to come and check out the board, and it's funny to find this old thread has had some recent activity.

By saying that you are leaving and will never post again, you are making a rule for yourself ,which you are now under pressure to keep. If you break the rule you will then have to ask yourself many questions and justify your change of mind. Isn’t that what we tried to get away from?

You're reading waaaay too much into something I wrote three years ago. Anyway, it wasn't a rule I made, but a fact -- I had more important things to move onto, and I wasn't going to be checking back anymore. Pretty simple, actually. Since then, I've gotten out of the habit of seeing every little action as some echo of JW-ism, which is why this comment amuses me now.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to get in touch with me, the following address will work: [email protected]

Maybe I'll check the board in another three years. Probably not. Whatever.

• blondie
    blondie

Nice to hear things are going well, daedelus.

Blondie

• luna2
    luna2

Glad you found him, Essie!

I also posted on h20 and should be away by now. But I cannot. :-(

People have different needs. What works for one doesn't have to work for another. I'm glad you're still here, GermanXJW!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Dedalus, old friend! Will drop you a note later. I've been on and off the board a lot over the last few years since H2O, sometimes not looking at it for months and months. I was off the board when you first wrote this post. A lot has changed in my life.
    Right now I check in on it every week or two.
    Still teaching? Writing? Hope your mom is well.
    S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit