Goodbye to the Board

by dedalus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• nowisee
    nowisee

goodbye, dedalus, from the curly-headed blond (more hair stuff).

God bless.

nowisee

• gumby
    gumby

Dedalus,

You'll be reeeeeeeeal sorry if you leave at this time!

Gumby has discovered what the "real truth" is finally after many years of re-search. I was going to feed my flock slowly and do it in a 10 parts series here on this very board! If you leave you will lose your connection to life forever as the truth will be only here. I guess there no need for me to into the "locust attack" discussed in series seven,......but your ass is grass!

OK.....enough horsin around........take care of your self and remember...."if ya catch it.....get rid of it" also "never trust a white man," and "shit and shinola". If you remember these three things........

......it won't do a damn thing

Take care my friend,

Gumby

• sf
    sf
    But as an ex-Witness, slowly aging and stagnating in the denouement of my experience, I can only fail.

That was touching and inspiring, for me.

When I came upon the sentence, I must have read it and reread it ten times. It struck me, you know?

Today my daughter said, after I expressed my concerns about teen challenge bible camp (possible) brainwashing techniques, "mom, you are brainwashed too". I asked "how"? She stated, "your Watchtower research". I said it was different. She disagreed. I just basically sank in my seat; silently saying to mySELF, "she is right, in some ways...if only I could stop mySELF".

Thanks for sharing this. Take good care. And if you need a soft place to fall, seek us out, if we are still here.

{{{hugs for you}}}

sKally

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

As the Phoenix rises from his own ashes.....so shall dedalus rise from this board....

Sooooo long...dedalus!!! Great exit!!!! What a wordsmith!!!! Left me breathless and wanting more!!!...more!!!!

ESTEE

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WOW!!!

Talk about an "exit"...LOL! You certainly have a way with words.....and you WILL be missed. Maybe someday I'll be able to get where YOU are right now!

HOW is your email accessible? I'll send a PM in case I miss it.....

Much love and lotsa big hugs,

Annie

• Simon
    Simon

Take care and pleasant onward journey

• ISP
    ISP

Time for amnesty and amnesia. It can help.

ISP

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

"What he had once hoped for the Flock, he now gained for himself alone; he learned to fly, and was not sorry for the price that he had paid. Jonathan Seagull discovered that boredom and fear and anger are the reasons that a gull's life is so short, and with these gone from his thought, he lived a long and fine life indeed." - Johnathan Livingston Seagull - Richard Bach

Farewell........peace be with you

• Duncan
    Duncan

Dedalus

You'll certainly be missed, you're one of the most thoughtful, insightful posters on this board, and I've always enjoyed reading your posts.

But, I understand, I guess.

I met Englishman this last weekend, at his annual barbeque. It was the first time I'd ever met him, or anyone from this board. What struck me, in talking to the other posters, was just how recent and fresh their JW experience was, compared to mine. I guess it's true that, in leaving the witnesses, it probably does take years of healing. With people like Mike and myself, all that happened a long time ago, and there perhaps isn't such an urgent need to "turn a new leaf" and put it all behind.

Because I had had literally decades of time out of the org before even discovering this site, I don't in any kind of day-to-day sense think of myself as "an XJW" - that's not what defines me in my own head. What this means, in truth, is that I'm a bit of a half-hearted member of this board, a pretty much semi-detached infrequent poster.

BUT! if this were, say, 1979 or 1980, and this board had existed then, and I came accross it, I can just imagine: I would have been Mr Two-hundred-posts-a-day for a year or two, a total 24-hours-a-day net junkie, sharing discoveries, feelings, and charting in painstaking detail my "XJW progress" with the Board community. But I'm sure that the time would come, finally, that I would absolutely have to turn away, start a new chapter, and get on with my life away from any reference to JW's or XJW's.

It is an entirely understandable reaction, and one I respect completely.

Listen, have a great life. It was a real pleasure to know you, however briefly.

Duncan.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Take care Dedalus

Enjoy watching that cute little girl of yours growing up out of the WT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit