Where is the evidence

by KGB 90 Replies latest jw friends

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree
    Dansk said:" If you people want to believe in God, that’s fine. But to quote scripture as though it is the infallible word of God and sacrosanct is demeaning and an insult to those of us who have high morals."

Dear Dansk,

In response to the question you posed me on one of your posts on this thread regarding my faith: yes, I'am a Jehovah God Witness. As a Christian, I truly believe that the Bible is the infallible Sacred Word of God.Therefore I quote Bible Scriptures on my posts to benefit those who are interested in the Christian faith. The same goes for those of a different religious faith wanting to post/ quote their own religious beliefs here on Simon's board - I wouldn't fault-find or object those who post their personal religious beliefs here, who are of a religious background other than Christianity. If I dindn't like what was been said in a particular discussion topic, I would simply ignore the post. I suggest you do the same - If you don't like my posts, ignore them please! Please respect the fact that I'am a Christian.

I respect your assertion of possessing high morals. I affirm you that I attribute my strongly- instilled Christian values/ faith to my high morals.

You also posed me a question regarding sinless animals falling to sickness and death.

According to my Christian beliefs, Jehovah God did NOT make any provisional arrangements regarding the animal kingdom as to allowing animals to live forever with man here on the earth in the new system of things. Animals do not have the benefit of the ressurection hope. All animals in the animal kingdom get sick, age and die- they cease to exist. Whereas with us humans, we have the ressurrection hope to live forever perfectly both in mind and body in the new system of things.

Also you brought an issue to my attention with reference to why so much injustice in this world: wars, children dying horrifically, pain e.t.c. and why is it that God doesn't intervine. Dansk, according to my Christian beliefs, Jehovah God gave humankind free-will. He does NOT intervine in this system of things because MAN choose the wrong path of wanting to rule themselves apart from GOD. This is the end result. The Scriptures tell us that man can not direct his own step. Because of the path of unrighteousness that man choose, we, humans ,are suffering the consequences.

Christian Love,

AAF

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree
    Spannerinthe Works said: that AwakenedAndFree was unable to elaborate upon, and put forward a stronger argument for,
    What do you see?
    DIsappointed to say the least: I may do so myself one day (when I've got the time!)

Dear Spannerinthe Works,

What do I see?

I see beauty in my surroundings. I see superlative love, beauty, wisdom, power and justice in everything Jehovah God made.

ECCLESIASTES:3:11:" Everything he has made pretty in its time. Even time indefinite he has put in their heart, that mankind man never find out the work that the [true] God has made from the start to the finish."

Christian Love.

AAF

• Dansk
    Dansk

AAF

According to my Christian beliefs, Jehovah God did NOT make any provisional arrangements regarding the animal kingdom as to allowing animals to live forever with man here on the earth in the new system of things.

Your beliefs are Watchtower ones, not Christian! Have you learnt nothing from this forum? I ask this in all sincerity and not to rile you. How can you come to a forum in which people open their hearts and expose the damaging influence of Watchtower and prove that Jehovah (YHWH) is a false god and yet you still hold to JW teaching (or are you using semantics when you say you are a Jehovah God Witness)?

Regards,

Dansk

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree
    Dansk said:"Your beliefs are Watchtower ones, not Christian! Have you learnt nothing from this forum? I ask this in all sincerity and not to rile you. How can you come to a forum in which people open their hearts and expose the damaging influence of Watchtower and prove that Jehovah (YHWH) is a false god and yet you still hold to JW teaching."

Dear Dansk,

My religious beliefs are entirely based on the Bible and not on the teachings of the Watchtower! I consider myself a Christian. I highly esteem all of the Bible's admonishments and I try to adhere to all it's principles and teachings.

As to the people coming to Simon's forum to prove that the God of the Bible, Jehovah God, is a false God - I call those people UN-CHRISTIAN.

I believe in the God of the Bible, whose name is (YHWH) JEHOVAH.

PSALMS 40 :4:" Happy is the able-bodied man that has put Jehovah as his trust And that has not turned his face to defiant people, Nor to those falling away to lies."

Christian Love,

AAF

• Dansk
    Dansk

OK AAF,

We'll just have to agree to disagree, but I respect you nonetheless

Dansk

• gumby
    gumby

"The Stepford wives" was an intresting movie.

Gumby

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I would love it if AwakedAndFree, hooberus, KGB, Mary, or anyone else with a presuppositionalist belief in a creator would respond to my post.

I feel that clear proof tht the Bible contains comandmants that COULD NOT HAVE BEEN GIVEN BY GOD AS THEY CONTRADICT OUR BIOLOGY has been conveniently ignored by supporters of creation who believe in the Bible.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    If you accept that an intelligent being can eternally exist, then why not simple matter? If everything MUST have an intelligent creator (which would neccessarily include intelligent creators), then you get back to infinite causality.

When I was a good dub, and trying to prove the existence of God at a door, a guy I talked with raised that question and stopped me in my tracks. "If all intelligent design has a creator, then who created God?" A simple question, but it got me to thinking and from that point on I never used that jw line of reasoning with anyone I spoke with. I do still believe in God or a Creator, but that's just my own hunch of choosing just from the things I see and feel, nothing concrete. I feel that many want to confine a Creator/ God (especially in religious settings) to their own little box, version and agenda.

The one thing that incident did teach me is that there can be honest and thoughtful alternative points of view based on reasoning that can be just as convincing. My dogmatism about alot of things took a blow that day.

Axelspeed

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    I feel that clear proof tht the Bible contains comandmants that COULD NOT HAVE BEEN GIVEN BY GOD AS THEY CONTRADICT OUR BIOLOGY has been conveniently ignored by supporters of creation who believe in the Bible.

This is exactly what I am speaking of when I say that religion perhaps gets in the way of really knowing the nature of a creator. I believe that our biology (including our base impulses, emotions such as love to rage, etc.), the natural violence and mayhem seen in the animal kingdom and dinosaurs from what we know of them...all point for me not a disbelief in a creator, but belief in one who is much different in nature than what many religions and persons presuppose. But that's just my .02.

Most of this presupposition is based on a book which contains many paradoxes about God that still have to be reconciled.

Axelspeed

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Dear Dansk,

but I respect you nonetheless

Dansk

Thank you.

Christian Love.

AAF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest