Where is the evidence

by KGB 90 Replies latest jw friends

• KGB
    KGB

Many of you make claim that God does not exist, you say that you found your evidence in the bible, what I want to know is where is the evidence. I am not interested in just mere thoughts but actuall evidence

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You are making a logical mistake. It is not necessary for anyone to prove that something does not exist, it remains for those who believe (or the entity itself) to provide evidence.

For example, if I tell you that my best friend is an invisible pink elephant, how would you prove that I am wrong? To any argument you might make, I could reply, "Well, he's real to me." Same with god.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Sorry KGB, but I agree with Nathan:

You are making a logical mistake. It is not necessary for anyone to prove that something does not exist, it remains for those who believe (or the entity itself) to provide evidence.

The onus is on the believer to prove the existence of God - from sources outside of the Bible (and any other religious book)! I believe I have been able to prove in other posts that much contained in scripture is erroneous or a downright lie.

If you say you believe there is a God I can no more prove he doesn't exist as you can that he does. This is where faith comes in, and faith alone. Absolute proof of God's existence, however, cannot be found anywhere.

Dansk

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Many of you make claim that God does not exist, you say that you found your evidence in the bible,

It is already obvious, KGB, that you've completely misunderstood whatever you think you've read on this board about the nonexistence of God.

Dedalus

• KGB
    KGB

I have read many post here that others says the bible is incorrect and that God could not exist. I have a faith in God and I do believe he does exist so it's not that I do not know what faith is. I thought that maybe there was some substantial evidence that someone knew that would show evidence in Gods non-existance. Many have said " Now that I really know the bible I have come to not believe in Gods word as true and that Jesus existance was a made up lie. So I was loking for those who said these things to tell me where they got there evidence. Now if it is just by faith that these feel the bible is a lie then thats what I am looking for but if there is some kind of outward proof then I would like to see or read that too...

• shamus
    shamus

KGB,

Forgive me if I'm wrong here... but didn't you say that you were leaving and never coming back? Maybe I have you mistaken for someone else....

• Mulan
    Mulan

As my husband always says "First you must have the willingness to believe". (or not to believe) If you want to believe you will find evidence to prove it to yourself. The same is true of not believing.

I tend to think there is a God. The Devil, Jesus as the Son of God, and the Bible being true. Nope.

• KGB
    KGB

shamus,

whats it too you if I leave or I come back? I make my own decissions with what I do.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Dansk said: The onus is on the believer to prove the existence of God - from sources outside of the Bible (and any other religious book)!

Nature is a source. The creation had a creator.

Romans Chapter 1

19: Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    20: For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Dansk said: I believe I have been able to prove in other posts that much contained in scripture is erroneous or a downright lie.

What other posts?

• larc
    larc

KGB,

You are comingling two questions into one. The first question: is there a God? The second question: is the Bible a true, inspired book, directed by God? These are two very different issues.

Regarding the Bible, it is full of mistakes and myths, such as the creation and the global flood story.

The Bible is also full of scandal and savagery. Lot having sex with his two daughters is a good example of scandal. The book of Joshua is a good example of savagery.

Regarding God, I don't know if there is a God. I can't prove it one way or the other, so I am an agnostic. I would even say that I am an apathetic angnostic. I don't know and I don't care. I don't bother myself any more with imponderables.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit