My JC

by rebel 38 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I forgot to respond to Blondie's comment:

KGF, I think they used info from this site to DF just2laws and joy2bfree.

I wouldn't want people to be paranoid about being here so I need to clarify this.

We gave them so many reasons to DF us we still don't know which charge they took action on. (I asked several times, demanded to know, but they refused to tell us) But the trouble did start from a tip to the elders that we were here. The tip came from an angry wife of a short time poster here who we confided in. This is an unusual circumstance that is unlikely to be repeated. Once the link was made there was info to find that we had revealed about our families, our location, other places we had lived, year and month I resigned as an elder and so on. Still I do not think they had enough to make the case by WT standards of evidence.

I agree with other posters, if you have anything to loose by getting caught, do not reveal too much about yourself and certainly do not give any local folks a clue that you are on this board. Doing that, I doubt anyone has much to worry about.

Jst2laws

Rebel,

You have mail

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Thanks. Just as I think I'm getting a handle on this, my mind gets blown again. Cults--I'll never get it!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Gestapo tactics once again. Unreal. A person says one thing to another person, and the elders get all nuts. They never left the dark ages.

• larc
    larc

If you have reason to leave and don't care about the consequensces, then I agree with those who say, don't meet with them and don't play by their rules.

If you have something at stake, I would take the advice of Jst2laws, and express your doubt in the most humble way and ask for their guidance. They will love you for it.

By the way, I wonder why the 144,000 number is literal, but not the text with it, that is, that the 144,000 is made up of 12,000 from the 12 tribes and they were all Hebrew male vigins. Why don't they take that into account? Something you might want to ask them.

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

http://www.douknow.net/jw_manual1.htm

You may or may not have read this. I don't see any reference to it in the other replies. It contains the guidlines under wich you will be judged.

I am not sure the outcome you hope for, but good fortune in either case.

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Hi R

Just say at least as possible if you should decide to go, and put nothing in writing to them!

Speaking here from experience.

Remember - pyschological warfare is being used against you. Your husband, friend and the elders. The elders want you on a knife's edge so that you feel relieved, and express all your feelings to them in the JC. Therefore, our suggestion is that you go, but admit to nothing, and say nothing. All you need to ask is - Why do you wish to see me?

have I done something wrong?

whatever you are concocting - prove it!

you are being blackmailed on an emotional level - you are being manipulated to confess to anything put before you by them.

So be strong - and treat them with the contempt that is deserving to them - and remember, the elders are seeing you not as friends, but to destroy you.,

R. Best thing call me! Cath

We can meet in London, or meet half way on the M25, or even come to see us here.

Regards

Chris and Cath (Nightwarrior)

• willyloman
    willyloman

Reb: the thing you have to ask yourself is, do I care if I'm DF'd? Picture the aftermath: no one at the KH will speak to you, nor will any other JW you know or care about; this includes your parents, siblings, children and other family members.

If you don't have family who are "in" and no real friends to speak of, let the chips fall where they may, assuming of course you are ready to leave anyway. In that case, the advice from some to "just not go" is sound.

However, if you have any relationships to preserve or protect, failing to show up at the JC hearing will just make it easier for them to DF you; they'll feel 'good' about it, too, because they will have rooted out evil apostasy and that will earn them big points at the next CO visit and their individual reps will be enhanced.

Go back and re-read the posts that recommend you maintain a "who me?" approach and plead simple doubts. You may have to hone your acting skills, but Reb, this is all about acting. They're going to act as though they're doing something righteous, and they will expect you to act like you are truly repentant.

• rebel
    rebel

Thank you all so much for your replies. I have taken on board all the comments.

I know that you may think I am mad giving the date of my JC, but I was already 'outed' as posting on this board by a sister in my cong some months back. She told my husband who I was (Rebel) etc. However, my husband knows I post on an 'apostate' site but has not told the elders. I admit, he thinks I do not bother with this board much anymore (little does he know) but he still stays silent to the BOE. He is so petrified of me being DFd and dying at the big A, that's all he thinks about. He is really well-and-truly brainwashed and cannot accept any of my thoughts or doubts. He doesn't want to hear them. I don't want to lose him and I really don't know what to do. I get really angry sometimes and I feel I don't care what happens. Then I talk to hubby and he makes me feel so guilty - I don't want to hurt him. I know how badly it will reflect on him if I am DFd.

My friend, who mentioned my comments to the elders isn't trying to stir up trouble either. She is a really nice person and is really worried about me. She says she would be blood-guilty if she keeps quiet about my doubts???? I do understand her - I would have probably felt the same 5 years ago - but it really is stupid. She is incapable of thinking for herself - she takes all her problems to the elders. It is so sad.

The WTS does not have a monopoly on God. They do not own him or JC or the Bible. Why shouldn't I be able to voice my opinion on certain scriptures without being ostracized? They give their view on scriptures, and I give mine - what's the problem? I am baffled! I know I shouldn't be - the elders and my husband are a bunch of control freaks - but I am still at a loss as to what to do. I don't want to go to my JC and lie that I didn't say this or that - that will be making my friend out to be a liar - she isn't! I did voice some doubts to her - I know now it was unwise and I never discuss anything with anyone anymore - but she was a close friend, someone I have known for years. We have been through a lot together. Stupid me for letting my guard down!

Love to all

xxR

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

How did it go?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yes, I hope we have an update soon too. This is an intruiging story (and an unfortunate one).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit