My JC

by rebel 38 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel
    rebel

.....has been changed for the THIRD (!!!!!) time to Friday 11th July. Apparently, there were no elders available on the previous days so i just have to fit in.

Wish me luck!

I know that a close friend (who is a JW with doubts) has mentioned to the elders that I dispute 144,000 as literal, etc etc etc. She didn't mean to gossip, but has a big mouth and I guess it came out in conversation. They are accusing me of apostasy. I have NEVER spoken to anyone about my doubts, apart from my husband. Aside from the mention of 144,000 as above, I don't go around trying to draw people off to join my own little cult. I have my own views and they are my views. I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING to warrant disfellowshipping. These guys are creeps.

xxR

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Rebel,

Well, you know how I feel - I still don't think you should attend. I wouldn't play their little games anymore - but please know that I'm behind you whatever you decide!

Love,

Dansk

• Prisca
    Prisca
    I have NEVER spoken to anyone about my doubts, apart from my husband.

In that case, DENY DENY DENY. They only have one witness (your friend) so it'd be your word against hers.

Personally, I wouldn't go, because I don't believe in playing by their rules any more.

Best of luck with whatever happens.

• Angharad
    Angharad

If they have not got evidence against you you could deny it - if you just fail to turn up the may df you or decide that you have da'd yourself on the grounds of refusing to meet with them.

Best of luck, looking forward to meeting you at the BBQ

• Shakita
    Shakita

I have to echo those who say that they would not play the JW JC game. It is a game where they make all the rules and you are on the defensive the entire time. A no-win situation.

And, the JW "trials in absentia" are absolutely criminal.

Good Luck, rebel.

Mrs. Shakita

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Hey! That's my anniversary!

Whatever you decide, good luck!!

• sandy
    sandy

Hi Rebel,

I think if I were in your situation I would just deny it too. Tell then elder over the phone that the accusation is not true and you see no need for a JC meeting.

Take Care.

Sandy

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING to warrant disfellowshipping.

You might have forgotten one little item.......Like me and many others who are still 'in,' you are posting here on this board. True, posting alone does not warrant df'ing, but associating with self-declared *apostates* and other df'd and da'd ones on this board can. Just posting your JC meeting dates and details here can pinpoint you.

Personally, I sometimes use dates that are off by a few days or weeks when I reference meetings, elder visits, etc. Or I do not reference time at all. Just talking about a CO visit "last night" in my town would definitely nail down my congregation. Once the congregation is known, the rest is easy to figure out. For example, if the CO did indeed visit my congregation last night and said something of extreme interest to many here and I wanted to post his thoughts, I would simply say - "A couple weeks ago when we had the CO visit, he mentioned blah blah blah..." Just about everyone here knows that is rather safe than directly saying he was here last night. That would be just stupid of me to say unless I wanted to give my location down to the congregation level. I don't mean to lie to try and throw people off, but I am merely trying to cover my backside from any would-be snoopers that may lurk here.

Sorry if I went on a little too much about that. But if you are indeed going to be in a JC in the coming weeks, then posting the details upfront may only give any Society lurkers more firepower against you. It would almost be better to stay at a low key level until after the JC meeting. If you do want to share your experiences leading up to it, I'm sure many people would love to have you IM them with the details. But if you feel comfortable posting it out in the open, well, that's your right too.

Just trying to help out a little.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Rebel, There but for fortune go I . I am in a similar position anf half expect the attention of the elders , not so yet. !

The inconsistancy of different congs is amazing

You may not wish to lie to them by denying that you said what you did. I know that I would keep silent on the matter and be evasive never confirm or deny anything

The key word is Judicial. It is a court of law , so treat it like one and force them to prove their case

The elders "Pay Attention to the Flock" book says that those with doubts should be treated with mercy , can you show them that you belong to the class of people as in James 5 13-15 ?

Apostacy in that book is

Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and speak about ) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovahs Witnesses are apostates

Can they prove that you have done that?

The key is your close friend . Without her they may have nothing . Can she be persuaded to decline to testify against you .

Play the system and make them work hard to prove their case

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

But could the elders use information they garnered from lurking on this site? Wouldn't they then have to admit they also hang out here? Surely they would have to read every single thread every single day looking for a lost sheep wouldn't they? How could they support that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit