My JC

by rebel 38 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

KGF, I think they used info from this site to DF just2laws and joy2bfree.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    The key word is Judicial. It is a court of law , so treat it like one and force them to prove their case

More like a kangaroo court made up of wannabe egotistical egghead nobodies. Every JC I've ever heard about went the way that they already have all the proof of the case they need. What they want is to relish in watching you squirm under the power of their great authority and give you the opportunity to display repentence to their satisfaction. Only then, after you've sufficiently open mouthed deep kissed them all up the a$$ will you be allowed to be a participant in their little social club.

Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and speak about ) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovahs Witnesses are apostates

With their ever-changing doctrines and constant flashings of "new Light" they are moreguilty of apostacy than anyone they try to incriminate. Very interesting thier little loophole "as taught by JW".

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Rebel, I'm curious then, why are you meeting with them? Simply tell them that you aren't aware of anything in your life that would warrant judicial action, so there must not be any judicial meeting regarding you. Don't leave it optional for them. If they have anything to discuss with you, they are welcome to do it as friends and shepherds, not as judges with a view to "lording over".

Be blunt, direct, and don't even look like you'll accept bullshit or a "lording over" attitude from them. Get your husband to stand beside you if possible.

• undercover
    undercover

As brought out already, I'd be careful about what info you post here. Not that we don't want to know, but if you are trying to avoid DFing or DAing, you don't want to give them any leverage against you. If you don't want to get DFd or DAd, it would be best to go to the meeting, but deny the accusations. Your word against one other person. Then slowly fade away.

If you don't care one way or the other what they do, then by all means, don't show up. Don't play their games anymore. But be prepared to find out later that you DAd yourself from the congregation.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    But could the elders use information they garnered from lurking on this site? Wouldn't they then have to admit they also hang out here?

What's to stop them from saying something like this? ---- "A concerned brother(or sister) went to a certain website which *claimed* to be for jw's and after reading through some of the topics he noticed a person which appeared to be you from the description of what was written. He came to us with printouts of these topics and we can only assume it is you as there is no one else who is having a judicial meeting in this town/area on this exact same date. He even dug a little deeper using the search function and found that this poster's mother recently passed away. Now brother, didn't your mother also recently pass away?"

It doesn't matter how they get the information. They can spin it or lie however they want to to fit their plans. Remember, there isn't a question out there that you can ask of them on how they got the juice on you. The JC is only directed towards you, NEVER THEM. Theocratic Warfare at its finest. Even when it's used against people within your own ranks.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Simply tell them that you aren't aware of anything in your life that would warrant judicial action, so there must not be any judicial meeting regarding you. Don't leave it optional for them. If they have anything to discuss with you, they are welcome to do it as friends and shepherds, not as judges with a view to "lording over".

This is very good advice.

If you just don't show up, they will try to meet with you again, most likely. My cousin tried this tactic, and they disfellowshipped her, implying her refusal to meet was an admission of guilt. She was informed after the announcement was made.

I recommend the above advice. Invite them to your house, because you are innocent. You also have the right to face your accuser. A woman I know requested that aspect, before her meeting, and it just never happened. The accuser decided they were mistaken I think.

• Gadget
    Gadget

You could ask to have your JC postponed by 2 days, and have it at Englishmans barbie! It would make a change for the elders to be the outnumbered ones.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Rebel, IF you have reason to avoid being DF'd you have to meet with them. I will explain this later in a post addressed to Sixofnine. These are issues the elders will be evaluating

Have you been in trouble with them for speaking up in the past?
    Is this friend the only person you spoke to about your doubts? Were you adamant that the 'faithful slave is wrong'? Are you sorry

Hopefully you can plead you have doubts. Tell them you just don't get it. You have no intention of changing the thinking of others. You just have doubts about that teaching. They should not take severe action against one with doubts.

"Those with sincere doubts should be helped, dealt with
    mercifully. (Jude 22, 23; w82 9/1 pp. 20-1;w80 8/1
    pp. 21-2)" KMS book Unit 5a under topic of Apostasy

(do not quote this book when dealing with the elders)

If need be, apologize for sharing your doubts with the sister and you will be more careful in the future. Keep using the word "doubts", do not argue with them, and if they try to 'restore your faith' accept their efforts, thank them and suggest you have time to try to understand these matters more clearly. Don't hesitate to bread down and cry. You probably will want to anyway but let them think it is because you are so sorry your doubts have caused so much trouble. Be careful not to open up to them and say any more than you need to. They have been trained to listen close and try to use your own testimony against you. If the person you spoke with is a respected sister in the congregation you can plead you spoke specifically with this person because you thought she could help you with your doubts. Unless you have a history of doing this they should not take a hard line with you.

6 What, then, must we do? We should "keep on asking God" in prayer for faith and understanding and bolster our efforts in personal study regarding any questions or doubts. We can also ask for help from those who are strong in the faith, never doubting that Jehovah will give us the support we need. wt 2001 Feb 1 p10b (This one you can quote)

If this works, and it should if this is the first time, you will be under a microscope from then on. I would suggest you immediately cut back your meeting attendance, with little or no field service and make a fast fade. When they try to make shepherding calls just tell them you are weak and scared of making any more mistakes and just want to be left alone for a while. They cant take action against you for being weak.

You should get through this fine, Rebel. I will PM you my phone number if you want to talk.

Jst2laws

• Francois
    Francois

I wouldn't go. Tell them if they want to talk to you they can come to your house. When they show up, don't invite them in. Have your little conversation on the front steps. You be in control, not them. It's your choice.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Six, I truly respect the views expressed by you, Dansk, Mulan, Franscios and others that Rebel should just refuse to meet with the JC, that she should take control. If she does not mind if she is DF'd that is excellent advise. She can walk away with pride and her dignity. I'm getting the impression that Rebel is upset about this matter. Is she upset because she feels she has done nothing wrong and this is an injustice, or is she upset because she is afraid she may be DF'd? That's why I introduced my above comments with "IF you have reason to avoid being DF'd you have to meet with them." Why must she meet with them? It is their game and they will play it through by their rules whether she wants to play or not. They are not supposed to even convene a JC without meeting with the entire body of elders and review the accusations against her. They should not even assign a committee unless they think the evidence is substantial and feel they could take action even if she refuses to meet with them. IF she refuses to meet after several attempts to set up meetings convenient to her, they are authorized by the society to disfellowship her without her being present. This is especially true when the charge is apostasy. The approach I suggested above requires a humiliating night of kissing butts, however, it should give her a chance to accept this as a wake up call and begin her exodus in a manner that she has some control. Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit