The borg is fighting tooth and nail to not turn over sex abuse records, and the press is taking note :)

by EndofMysteries 53 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey freddo

This article has appeared in the printed copy of the Guardian today too. Saturday 13th August page 14.

Yeah - uploaded here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5643834453131264/uk-guardian-newspaper-13-august-2016

And comparison with online version here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5739177022849024/out-guardian-hokey-pokey

• SpeedyBrother
    SpeedyBrother

The person who married my wife and I was a long time JW, well respected for many years. He was one of the anointed. A few years after there were multiple accusations of child abuse. He was stripped of all his positions and disfellowshipped speedily. He hasn't been accepted or reinstated for over a decade. I'm not sure of anything that they could have done differently. It's obviously not tolerated as some seem to think.

• Room 215
    Room 215

"I'm not sure of anything that they could have done differently." Disfellowshipping merely expels him from the JW community, but leaves him entirely free to menace the community at large.

What about the danger he poses to non JW children in his neighborhood? Or is their welfare none of our concern since they're going to be annihilated anyway by the Bronze Age tribal desert God of the Hebrews?

Let's review: Child abuse is NOT just a sin: It's a CRIME!!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    He was one of the anointed

In other words, he was completely delusional.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Speedybrother, when one confesses or is caught strait away the brother usually do a decent job except calling the police. Its when one denies it and the only witness is the victim that's where the brothers and the cult gets it all wrong.

• Room 215
    Room 215

"Usually do a decent job?""" Do any of you have minor children. especially daughters? A child abuser is a menace to the entire community and molestation is every bit as grave a criminal offense as a mugging or physical beating, which leaves the victim with long-lasting, even life-long, emotional and psychological effects.

What is it about this aren't you getting?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "I'm not sure of anything that they could have been done differently."

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    crazy: Speedybrother, when one confesses or is caught strait away the brother usually do a decent job except calling the police

No they don't

They tell the victim to "put your tears in a skin bottle"

That is not doing a decent job. That is pure, unadulterated nonsense and it is harmful, not helpful

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

The GB need to stop placing a halo over the elders heads. The written material giving these guys a glorified presence. Examples are, stars, loving shepherds, a port in a storm. By placing such titles of glory on these "imperfect" men, it gives the congregation a false sense of security. It is drilled into the JW mind that these men are trustworthy. This is not always true and the congregation is horrified when they find out Brother so and so has molested a child or has been unfaithful to his wife.

I have NEVER in my entire JW life taken a problem to an Elder. I never trusted them. Some have more problems/faults than you do. I always equated to taking my finances to a qualified CPA. Why would I choose one who has filed bankruptcy?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Toesup: The GB need to stop placing a halo over the elders heads. The written material giving these guys a glorified presence. Examples are, stars, loving shepherds, a port in a storm.

Yeah...it depends on which 'written material' it is, that is actually read. The elders are given the title of "fund raising chairman" on tax returns

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit