The borg is fighting tooth and nail to not turn over sex abuse records, and the press is taking note :)

by EndofMysteries 53 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EndofMysteries
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

EOM,

thanks for pointing this out.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Surely the courts must have a limit as to how long one can stretch out these proceedings , doesnt that then qualify as an obstruction of justice ?

Interesting how one spokesman for JW`s regarded it as a sin and not a crime.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Surely the courts must have a limit as to how long one can stretch out these proceedings , doesnt that then qualify as an obstruction of justice ?

Yea, I'm surprised nobody is getting thrown behind bars for obstruction or contempt of court, etc. See how fast records get turned over if putting tight pants tony behind bars.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

To remain loyal to big J and his organisation we must abhor these lies of Satan and the apostates he uses to spread them! in the name of Tony the Turd, tight pants and spandex, Amen.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The guardian is one of the most respected newspapers in the UK. I think this will be good in expanding public awareness. I would like to draw attention to the weasel words used by the WT spokesman, usually Paul Gillies.

“Anyone who commits the sin of child abuse faces expulsion from the congregation … Any suggestion that Jehovah’s Witnesses cover up child abuse is absolutely false.”

Watchtower have been doing exactly that, they do their very best to keep the public and the congregation in the dark. The judgment awarding costs against the in the case of “A’ is for £1m. How much is the rest of the litigation costing? All to cover up child abuse.

Chris Willis Pickup, head of litigation at the Charity Commission, said: “Following two years of legal proceedings in five different courts and tribunals, the supreme court has finally brought Watch Tower’s challenge to our inquiry decision to an end.”
    The extent of the charity’s challenges and the length of time they have gone on for are unprecedented in recent times, a spokesman for the Charity Commission said.

All of this to cover up their behavior regarding child abuse.

“Congregation elders do not discourage [reports to the authorities] or shield abusers from the authorities or from the consequences of their actions.”

We as JW members past or present know that the culture in the organization does exactly that. Taking a brother to court is severely discouraged.

“We are in no position to, and neither would we wish to, force any victim of abuse to confront their attacker.”

Total hogwash. If they want any sort of justice in the congregation they must confront their attacker. They are not “forced” but neither do they have any choice,

“Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse, a crime that sadly occurs in all sectors of society … We are committed to doing all we can to prevent child abuse and to provide spiritual comfort to any who have suffered from this terrible sin and crime.

They patently do not do all they can. All they offer is sickly “spiritual” platitudes. They do see a need to protect confidentiality but only for themselves. The vicrtims they are quite happy to throw under the bus.

“We also see a need to protect the confidentiality of those who seek spiritual comfort. Nevertheless, we shall diligently abide by court judgments.”

As to diligently abiding by court judgements, the $4000 a day fine they are paying in the US to continue the cover up would tend to render that statement a blatant lie.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Slidin Fast,

Very nice rebuttal.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If WT has nothing to hide, why do they refuse to provide the documentation? Hmmm!

• zeb
    zeb

'toesup'. I agree.

I have a grinding ever growing feeling in my gut that a full revelation of the documents will rattle more skeletons in more bethel cupboards than we out in the real world could ever imagine.

In all their protesting I am reminded of a line from Shakespeare "..me thinks this lady (!) does protest too much.." Hamlet.

and

Once again gut wrenching twisting's and turnings by watchtower to avoid justice. A copy of the Guardians article is now with the ARC.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Wonderful article. Nicely shows Watchtower is similar to other organizations, rather than looking like a reporter trying to "persecute" them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit