Growing up a gay Jehovah's Witness (My Life Story)

by m0nk3y 263 Replies latest jw experiences

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Welcome TimothyT!

I strongly suggest you look at a website for gay JWs (and exJWs) http://www.gayxjw.org

Cheers!

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Welcome TimothyT!!

NLW's wife

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Thanks for the welcome People! :)

I have had a look at many websites over the past week! :)

I have found it particularly heartwearming reading others experiences and seeing how they came over their negative feelings.

Its such a strange feeling because i feel right in my heart, but according to JW's im not right. I suppose the heart is treachorous. Having said that, I have suffered a lot with my "confusion" and desires lately that i have become depressed. I need to sort it out. One person wrote very rightly that God is Love and he does not want me to suffer. Perhaps i will take the easy way out and go my own way, but I need to be happy! Dont get me wrong i love serving Jah and i love studying the bible (things which i will keep doing if I leave the JW's).

I also read an essay on that website about how homosexuality ISNT condemned in the bible. It was very well written but i still think some arguments in it where a bit stretched. I will further research it. Nontheless, i know that God is Love and that he forgives. Another good point: If my feelings are simply a form of ill imperfection, then God shouldnt condemn me just as much as he would condemn someone with cancer. Im pretty certain he understands my feelings. Even if he doesnt, id rather be happy now, than miserable forever (although i do believe in the paradise, these feelings will be fixed?).

Anyway, thanks for listening! :)

Feeling great since reading these posts.

If anyone out there has the same feelings and is going through this at the moment, please send me a message... its great to talk to someone with the same circumstances. :)

Tim x

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

Homosexual Jehovah's Witness

@TimothyT : You can have a look at this post : http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/184120/4/I-am-gay-and-Jehovah-Witness#4322090

(sorry I can't use the link-maker function, it's disable, I don't know why)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit