Growing up a gay Jehovah's Witness (My Life Story)

by m0nk3y 263 Replies latest jw experiences

• northern girl
    northern girl

waiting: I meant to mention in my last post you seem like a terrific person ...

Brummie : are you sitting back chuckling ... I think I can hear you ... northern girl.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    pass the cheese

Don't ask anyone to cut the cheese either. This is a forum with no windows.....

ash

• northern girl
    northern girl

ash : Very good .... n g

• waiting
    waiting

Hello NG,

Nice to meet you. Stick around - there's some terrific people & information found here. You just happened to clash on a very tricky situation.

Even atheists, protestants, Catholics etc., clash on the issue of gays. Including the High Courts (and state courts) of the USA. Hell, even gays clash sometimes. Yes, they do. They are individuals. Some are even jerks.........my son told me so. Hell, even my son is a jerk sometimes. He doesn't read here, btw. I'm not totally stupid, ya know!

Btw, I'm not picking on gays - just saying that each person is a person.....just like Josh. He's a man - and was treated badly by another group of persons....men & women. I wish him well - and semi understand how hard it was to write about his background. Congratulations to him for growing up - it ain't easy.

Live and Let Live is a seasonless saying.......allowing freedom.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

ps: Brummie chuckles a lot..............and a very wise person (on occasion).

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    This is an abuse survivor talking and you don't hear me asking anyone to pass the cheese.

Maybe you should.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

You know many of us put our stories up here, finally after many times ,deleting the whole thing because of fear. We are afraid of how other will view us, we are afraid to open our souls, expose ourselves. It is hard to tell the truth about some things.

There are many reasons we do it,,,,,,we do it to help ourselves, sometimes saying the things we went thru "outloud" is more healing than keeping it to ourselves. I know not everyone wants to talk about their past or are comfortable in telling too many details about themselves( something I am not quilty of...lol).

I think we post these stories, I in fact posted one today, because I just wanted to, not really sure why. I am still healing , and I feel in a good place right now.

So , I guess I wanted to share that with my friends here, and even those who may be reading it , that it might make them feel that they are not alone.

I think Josh, did a wonderful thing in telling his life story, and I know for a fact there is some JW young person out there , probably many, who are struggling with the feelings he had growing up.

We are not whining, or even wanting sympathy when we tell our horror stories , we just want to be heard, and most of all, again, we don't want others to feel like they are all alone in what they are feeling.

((((((((( Josh)))))))) you go boy,,,,,,,,,,,never stop telling your story,,,,,,,,never.......hugs Dede

• acsot
    acsot

Josh:

Just read your story. I was moved to tears by it. You have great courage - I'm so happy to "get to know you", and am happy you have found happiness with someone you love.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Hey NG. You obviously cant express your opinion in PM to some. I agree with you, it was WRONG of monkey to hang up your PM. But I can understand him being upset and making a bad judgement call.I like monkey, hes okay.

Because your PM should never have been made public its wrong of them all to howl and condemn you for what you said. Youll have to get used to the howling mob mentality thats round here sometimes.Unless youre willing to toe the line and be politically correct in ex dub terms.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Refiner's Fire said:

: Because your PM should never have been made public its wrong of them all to howl and condemn you for what you said.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The fact that monkey did something wrong does not make it wrong for anyone else "to howl and condemn" NG for what she said.

Suppose your wife were killed by some moron and he confessed to a priest and the priest broke "ecclesiastical privilege" and told the community about it. Would you be wrong to "to howl and condemn" the murderer just because you learned about it through a violation of certain ethical standards? I think not.

You're either not thinking, which I can understand, or you are, in which case I'll leave further comments up to your imagination.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit