Just because the JW'S are wrong doesnt mean theres no god.

by atomant 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant
    l;ve been giving this some serious consideration lately.l dont have all the answers no one does.We are all entitled to our opinions.l certainly dont believe in evolution as lve researched that subject extensively.lt's important to believe in something even if its for mental health.l believe everything happens for a reason.l also believe if we all live as close to the 10 commandments as possible this world would be a far better place to live and no one can argue with that.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

How does He communicate with us? I can't be the Bible, we know that man is older than

6-7 thousand years a 100%. The very first book of the bible is all BS. And the 10 commandments

they left out slavery.

• Absolutesbeginners
    Absolutesbeginners

Atomant

i have a bad news for you :

you are alone in the Univers .

Yes .

Alone .

And naked .

And soon or later your gonna die .

I am deeply sorry .

But maybe its going to help you : me too .

The same .

Welcome in the real life !

And lets enjoy the time we have !!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Atomant:

l also believe if we all live as close to the 10 commandments as possible this world would be a far better place to live and no one can argue with that.

The 1st commandment eliminated freedom of religion.

The 4th commandment was enforced under penalty of death. - Numbers 15:32-36.

Most of the 10 commandments were replaced by a second set of commandments claiming to be just like the first set in Exodus 34:1-26. They don't even add up to ten in the revised commandments.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

atonmant: Can you give us any evidence to support any of the claims made in the

bible concerning the existence of a God. Any evidence to support the bible's

various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

They are still looking for Noah's Ark, it's only been over 5 thousand years.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

That's right. Just because JWs are wrong, that doesn;t mean that there is no God. But it does mean that the WTS has no clue who he is.

Why? Because JWs got it wrong,,,just like you said in the opening post

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Can I ask you what you mean when you say "it's important to believe in something even if it's just for mental health"?

By 'something' do you mean basically anything supernatural, bigger than ourselves, and unprovable? And can I ask why you think doing that would lead to better mental health?

Does that imply then that because I don't believe in anything supernatural I'm mentally unhealthy? Cos I feel just fine.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    believing in a malevolent deity from the bible , the moral monster to coin a phrase can and is very detrimental to good mental health the exact opposite, my advice is to forget about these fairly stories and move on in life, take up a hobby, far more satisfying
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I suggest you need to spend way more time studying evolution...it is a fact...abiogenesis is an interesting field too...
  • cofty
    cofty
    l certainly dont believe in evolution as lve researched that subject extensively

No you haven't.

I asked you a while ago which books that present the scientific evidence for evolution you had read. You could not name one.

What you mean is you have spent a lot of time reading creationist bullshit on the internet.

Evolution is a Fact as certain as the fact that the earth is not flat. If you must believe in a god you still have to reconcile it with reality.

If you have researched it extensively you should find it easy to answer these basic ten questions...

l also believe if we all live as close to the 10 commandments as possible this world would be a far better place to live and no one can argue with that.

Does that include not boiling a kid in it's mother's milk?

The same law code advocates slavery. Would the world be a better place if we brought back slavery?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit