Just because the JW'S are wrong doesnt mean theres no god.

by atomant 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MarkofCane
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Great find Mark! It demonstrates a higher truth!

Edit to add: When you grow up in the greater NY City area among Catholics, Jews and tons of different beliefs and variations within those beliefs, it is obvious that belief is more about being born into a religious tradition or a geographic area then it is about having the one true religion.

My mother converted to the JW's from the Catholic religion she just exchanged the mumbo jumbo, smoke and mirror's of one for another.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Which god are you referring to? There are thousands.

Bronze and Iron Aged Middle Eastern desert dwellers' fantasies and mythology are no more true today than they were back then.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

atomant - "Just because the JW's are wrong doesnt mean theres no god."

True.

However, the WTS does such an effective job inoculating its members against any other form of religious expression, they may as well be atheists when they leave. :smirk:

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The subject here is not to debate the existence of God; rather, it is the belief that leaving the JWs will lead to atheism while abandoning ones good principles.

In reality, for many, it is actually the opposite: They first stopped believing in God (or a personal God), and then left the witnesses. In addition, for many, leaving the JWs have opened the door to even higher principles. For instance, many now take time at their disposal to participate in various forms of charity. Some have rekindled with long lost relatives and provided loving assistance in circumstances where the disfellowshipping arrangement would have prevented them to do so.

Many religion scare their followers in telling them they that they are bad people and the only reason they don’t submit to their true desires is that they are reminded on a regular basis, at church, no to succumb to sin. However, this belief obviously fall apart when someone resists to persecutions, in isolations, for many years.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I have to say, it always takes me by surprise when an XJW becomes, for instance, a born-again Xtian.

I'd have thought they'd had enough of that sort of thing by the time they left the WT... it feels like they're simply trading one fundamentalism for another.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

true

• Island Man
    Island Man

Just because the JW's being wrong does not negate the possible existence of a god, does not mean there is a god.

• steve2
    steve2

Whether JWs are "wrong" has no bearing on the question of whether "God" exists.

Some believers make the mistake of thinking that we have decided there is no God based on some kind of negative experience within jw org. They are entirely separate issues.

BTW: Where's the poster who started this thread?

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

The Bible is also wrong, so there is neither Christian nor Jewish god.

The wise man says "There is no Jehovah" !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit