Just because the JW'S are wrong doesnt mean theres no god.

by atomant 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • atomant
    atomant
    steve2.l deliberately worded the heading the way l did to get a debate going.Your correct whether dubs are wrong has no bearing on the question of whether god exists.Vidiot nailed it when he says the WTS does such a good job inoculating its members against any other form of religious expression that they may as well be atheists when they leave.l have noticed this trend also.lts sad to think that the org has such a strong impact on people when they are indoctrinated that at the time their faith in jehovah is unshakable and upon leaving for whatever reason they do a 180 and all of a sudden dont believe in god.This is the part l dont get.How can a persons belief system change so dramatically?My point is some of these ex believers now have other beliefs so again l point out if they are wrong about the JW's belief system how can they be so sure their new belief system is correct? and so forth.lts like a merrygoround.l personally believe theres a bit of truth in all religions.With regards to the 10 commandments l should have said take the best of the commandments that can be applied in todays day and age and live by them and the world would be a better place to live in.l guess what lm really trying to say is it helps to keep an open mind as one never knows what tomorrow shall bring.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

11. Promoting the unhealthy delusion that Satan rules the world, therefore the world is evil, therefore fear everything and everyone as possible agents of the devil.

• cofty
    cofty
    l point out if they are wrong about the JW's belief system how can they be so sure their new belief system is correct?

One was based on appeals to authority the other is based on, and limited to, available evidence.

Most exJWs continue to believe in some sort of god at least for a while. It takes time to sincerely examine the evidence.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I think we are asking the wrong question Atomant. We should broaden the thread title to be: Because the Bible is wrong doesn't mean a deity (EDIT: a higher being) doesn't exist.

We have a mountain load of evidence that humans existed before Adam and Eve. A six-year old can see the evidence that there never was a global flood. The bible is flat out wrong. That doesn't mean however, that some disinterested, powerful alien life form didn't start the ball rolling in our universe by pouring in a few cells in a warm limestone vent. Perhaps this planet was like an ant farm that was watched by a distant alien race for their amusement.

When I look at an empty space in a yard I want to fill it with flowers, greenery and I want it to be brimming with life and colors. Maybe some creature passing by the planet felt the same way?

• atomant
    atomant
    Exactly Bonsai.,the word god can mean many things imo.Deity, Alien, Advanced being, spirit, lnvisible force,etc.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Just because the JW'S are wrong doesnt mean theres no god.

It doesn't mean god exists either. God is a nice notion, not reality though.

• Heaven
    Heaven

atomant said: Exactly Bonsai.,the word god can mean many things imo.Deity, Alien, Advanced being, spirit, lnvisible force,etc.

So you're not Christian if you believe this. And now you're just making it up as you go along. This is the next to last step to becoming a full fledged atheist. You're almost there atomant.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I agree atomat with your posts on this thread

your thinking agrees with Charles Darwins

All things experience indeterminacy as all things are processual and all processes are interdependent so there is always something else supporting structuring dominating alienating soothing etc etc

• cofty
    cofty
    l certainly dont believe in evolution - automant
    I agree atomat with your posts on this thread your thinking agrees with Charles Darwins - Ruby

Eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit